Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

Belinda Carlisle was a member of 70’s US Punk band the Germs(Darby Crash, Pat Smear) as a drummer bit she got sick (ironic) for a prolonged period of time and never ended up playing a gig with them.

I only learned that yesterday.

I also learned that the Alannah Myles song "Black Velvet" is about Elvis.

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

On the topic of learning new things about songs...

Oh Sisqo...

I feel like I need to see a source for this. It seems ridiculous that reference in a line would cost you 'the majority' of a song. I know entertainment copyright law is pretty crazy though so I'm sure it's not impossible, however illogical.

10 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Wait, what?? The guy who wrote Poison for Alice Cooper and Bad Medicine for Bon Jovi wrote the Thong Song??? 

Not quite. He wrote Livin La Vida Loca, which the Thong Song uses lyrics from.

Just looked at his discography. What a list.

Edit: @Chest Rockwell this covers it. 

Edited by SuperBacon
Thong th thong thong thong

• Moderators

More ownership than anyone does not mean majority. This guy is doubling down on his lack of understanding of basic fractions, and his source is a video of someone else saying something?

Inconclusive! I'm more inclined to believe that other rando who says he's seen the splits even though I have no idea who he is and it's a lie that could easily be made up.

I've been meaning to watch that video anyway though when a mate sent it to me the other day..

Edited by Chest Rockwell

7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

More ownership than anyone does not mean majority. This guy is doubling down on his lack of understanding of basic fractions, and his source is a video of someone else saying something?

Inconclusive! I'm more inclined to believe that other rando who says he's seen the splits even though I have no idea who he is and it's a lie that could easily be made up.

I've been meaning to watch that video anyway though when a mate sent it to me the other day..

Dont work yourself into a shoot brother.

I'm still fascinated by the story of that song being meant for Michael Jackson. Just imagine it.

I assumed people celebrated the anniversary of anything related to February 29th on March 1st.

But today I’ve seen a load of “This Day in History” posts on Twitter for the 29th and my cousin born on that date has today as his birthday on Facebook.

Makes no sense.

12 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

But the 28th is Feb. March is March, it's a totally separate month. I get the logic. I don't see why one is more correct than the other.

Because in a year where the 29th Feb doesn't exist, the 1st of March "is" the 29th Feb? Not sure.