Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

On 3/13/2021 at 2:02 PM, SuperBacon said:

Probably one for Keiths BONE APPLE TEA thread, but its apparently pass muster, not pass MUSTARD. 

Eminem clears this all up quite nicely with these lyrics. 

Cause it wasn't that long ago when Marshall sat, luster lacked, lustered
'Cause he couldn't cut mustard, muster up nothing

Today I learnt that the founders of Bebo sold the company in 2008 to AOL for $850m, netting the two blokes $595m profit. It was described as "one of the worst deals ever made in the dotcom era" and cost then-CEO of AOL, Randy Falco, his job. Five years later the company declared bankruptcy and the two original founders bought it back for $1m. They relaunched the site as a kind of streaming platform in partnership with Twitch and then sold the company again, this time to Amazon for $25m.

Jammy, but savvy, bastards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
4 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

TIL: that in addition to being a daft racist, The Hulkster covered a notorious paedophile back in 1993, releasing a version of Gary Glitter’s ‘I’m The Leader of the Gang (I Am)’

In fairness, Glitter hadn't been revealed to be a paedophile by the time Hogan recorded the cover, and that song was a massive hit in its time. 

7 hours ago, mim731 said:

In fairness, Glitter hadn't been revealed to be a paedophile by the time Hogan recorded the cover, and that song was a massive hit in its time. 

As an aside to that, for whatever reason Glitters crimes are largely ignored stateside anyway. Still often hear Glitter at US sporting events.