NJPW World

Sphinx

39 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Nice new title to replace the Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles has been revealed today.

spacer.png

I like the belt, it looks like something from an old animé from the 70's or something. My only gripe is that I wish it was bigger. The previous run of IWGP belts seemed massive to me and I'm a bit concerned that next to the US title this is gonna look a bit piddly.

spacer.png

Better picture, the lighting from the reveal really let it down. It's a shocker to a lot of people because the 4th incarnation was an absolute gem so this had way too much pressure on it to follow. It's way bigger than it looks too and clocks in at a whopping 13lbs which for a belt is hefty. On average belts weigh between 7-9lbs. 

Dan Van Alst, owner of BeltsByDan and belttalk.com made the title but had next to no input on design/leather layout, the design is all New Japan. There's more pictures info on his sites/twitter if you want to find out more.

With a few design tweaks it could be iconic but at this stage its going to take some time to get used to. 

• Paid Members

I dunno, I rather like it. Always liked the stylised wing design. Think it could've done without multi-coloured gems though - they always look a bit cheap and "costumey" to me.