NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

Ignoring for a moment that Ospreay is a horrible nasty little cunt, I'm genuinely amazed any wrestling company sees him as a top guy let alone the guy to put their belt on. He's a shite wrestler who looks ridiculous and will be a terrible representative for your company because he's an incredibly unintelligent person who can barely form a coherent sentence. 

I don't watch NJPW so don't care either way, I'm just very shocked and confused that it even happened. 

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Ignoring for a moment that Ospreay is a horrible nasty little cunt, I'm genuinely amazed any wrestling company sees him as a top guy let alone the guy to put their belt on. He's a shite wrestler who looks ridiculous and will be a terrible representative for your company because he's an incredibly unintelligent person who can barely form a coherent sentence. 

I don't watch NJPW so don't care either way, I'm just very shocked and confused that it even happened. 

He’s not shit, he’s the best in the world (TM Dave Meltzer)

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

It's a great heat getter 

Is it great heat though? If you piss people off to the point where they don't come back, that's not 'heat', that's just pissing people off. Especially when it's just ripping off Connor McGregor, word-for-word, except with much worse delivery.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Is it great heat though? If you piss people off to the point where they don't come back, that's not 'heat', that's just pissing people off. Especially when it's just ripping off Connor McGregor, word-for-word, except with much worse delivery.

I’m hoping in his next promo he ends with “...And there’s two things you can do about it. Nothing and like it”.

5 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

So, why does ospreay need the empire if he can beat ibushi clean as  a whistle in the middle of the ring? 

Because most of his matches will be in tags and he will need partners. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Chris B said:

As an unabashed fan of Ospreay's in-ring work, this is 100% true. If they'd gone ahead with this title reign but without the cringe heel bollocks and Attitude-era horseshit, it would've landed so much better. It's easy to separate the art from the artist when you aren't constantly bringing up how much of a twat the artist is. Remember this is pro wrestling, that bar is already incredibly low. 

Instead, we have to go all HEEEAAAATTTT with it, and lets be honest here, New Japan has been turning into a Memphis heat promotion for a while now. It started with Jay White and G.O.D, went to the next level with EVIL and his cronies, and now we're back to another heel champion who just so happens to be as big a prick in real life.

So great. I don't want to watch Ospreay's matches because I'm constantly reminded of his real life transgressions, he's got a heel stable backing him so we'll be back to constant interference again, it's during a pandemic so the fans can't even boo or show their displeasure (which is the whole point of doing these fucking angles in the first place) and they've totally fucked off Ibushi's title reign.

I've been clamouring for an Ibushi title reign for years, and it's almost like his hard work netted him a consolation prize instead of the proper run he deserved. A few title defences in front of heatless crowds (including a defence against fucking SANADA and a long-winded snorefest with Jay White), being the first champion of that awful new belt and lineage, and dropping it first thing to Will fucking Ospreay, who was the wrestling equivalent of marmite even before he crowd funded a replacement for his mom's car.

So yeah, I' m pretty much done with New Japan. They had a fantastic , near-perfect run from 2012 to 2019, but the game is up. Pro wrestling is all about punching the ticket, taking the ride and knowing when to get off. Well I'm off New Japan Pro Wrestling until they get their shit together.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is there any chance there's more to the Ibushi stuff than just bad booking? I've not really kept up with New Japan too much but it just seems like a really fucking stupid move.

If it wasn’t for the last year of shite booking I’d say there’s more to it. But after the constant title changes, run ins all the time and fucking Evil being champion, I think it’s just that new Japan booking is bad now.

Edited by Yakashi