NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
On 9/5/2021 at 7:44 AM, westlondonmist said:

They barely have enough to go 2 nights, even then the title has to be main event both nights. 3 nights, Jesus, you don't even have the IC anymore to take up 1 night. 

Ospreay defending his World Title on one show, Shingo on another and then a Unification match on night three?

Doubt I'm going to keep my subscription going that long, to be honest. All the interesting NJPW stuff seems to be happening in other companies. Nothing they are doing themselves is interesting to me at all.

Even the story of Ospreay declaring that he's still Champion, which is an angle that I've always enjoyed, is leaving me cold. Possibly because I'm not too fussed about either Ospreay or Shingo.

I've watched one show in a month, and even that was just to see the new Young Lions. NJPW desperately needs a major angle to shake things up.

• Paid Members

My answer, as it has been for years, is to try and get Marufuji in for a prolonged run. Do a KENTA match at the end. Offer to pay Noah’s rent and mow the lawn for three months, whatever it takes.

They seem to have no appetite for the other native talent, nor do the others want to move. Can’t remember the podcast I got this from, but they see how others work as different from then, there’s apparently a difference in how dojo’s teach how to hit the ropes that they see as wrong if done different. Culturally they just don’t want otter Japanese talent if they can avoid it 

Edited by Louch
Leaving the otter Typo as not ruining the reply

1 hour ago, Louch said:

They seem to have one appetite for the other native talent, nor do the others want to move. Can’t remember the podcast I got this from, but they see how others work as different from then, there’s apparently a difference in how dojo’s teach how to hit the ropes that they see as wrong if done different. Culturally they just don’t want otter Japanese talent if they can avoid it 

Yeah. The likes of Okada had to retrain at the NJ Dojo to be considered one of theirs.

KENTA, Ishii, Taichi, Sanada, BUSHI, Honma have all had to deal with the outsider stink that handicap them compared to those homegrown.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t really paid attention to the G1 this year due to it having mostly Tag Team Wrestlers in it.

I see ZSJ has beaten Naito, Shinto and Ibushi in his first 3 matches, which means he’s now gonna job to Tanga Loa and Toru Yano… 

The opener of Taichi Vs Evil was loads of fun, love it when Taichi decides to turn baby face halfway through a match.

Okada going 27 minutes with Yoshi Hashi though can Fuck Off.