NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

My mate told me about Shibata yesterday. I'd love if he wrestled Minoru Suzuki as I'd imagine they could have a really technical style match with less striking involved, but it'll just be good to see him go again. What's Goto doing at Wrestle Kingdom? 

58 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My mate told me about Shibata yesterday. I'd love if he wrestled Minoru Suzuki as I'd imagine they could have a really technical style match with less striking involved, but it'll just be good to see him go again. What's Goto doing at Wrestle Kingdom? 

Him and Hashi facing Dangerous Tekkers night 1 and Yoh joining them for a 6 man title match on night 2.

• Paid Members

Ah, that'll be good. He'll be protected as well. 

Edit: You meant Goto, not Shibata. Silly me. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I'm assuming whoever he beats, we're getting KENTA kicking Shibata in the head afterwards to build towards that inevitable match. 

I'm very out of touch with Japanese wrestling, but is it possible one of the smaller Bullet Club guys could be a night 1 opponent. Work safer with him, let him shine and then have Kenta kick him after the match? Yujiro Takahashi maybe? 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Planning to get NJPW World back on at the start of January for Wrestle Kingdom. I've largely been out of the loop for the last couple of years, what are some must-see matches from 2020/2021?

I’d imagine the same ones as 18-19 <jk>

• 6 months later...
35 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

As part of a news conference they've announced a return to the UK in October.

They're also going to be integrating Stardom wrestlers into their US based shows.

Great news. As much as I never keep up with NJPW all the time, the show in London was absolutely one of the best I've been to for crowd atmosphere and in-ring action. Can't believe that was in 2019 to be honest!

The London show in 2019 was really superb.

I am interested to see how this one does as clearly New Japan has fallen off in quite a big way.

I cant see me going this time as things stand but then again I might find it hard to resist closer to the time if its a big show and guys like Shingo, Ishii and Okada are in prominent singles matches. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Sheffbag said:

Forbidden Door Weekend

NJPW Friday

AEW Saturday

Joint Show Sunday

Live from the Skydome

I'm not sure if New Japan flew their talent to the UK for a Friday show and a Sunday show, they'd have their talent sit on their arse on the Saturday as opposed to work/make money.