NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

Since the last time they were here, they made Ospreay a headliner - I wonder if they're looking at his AEW run (which was well-received for the most part) and his popularity with his home promotion, and have convinced themselves he's potentially a big draw in the UK? In which case, it'll be the first genuine test of his drawing power there's been.

I've been thinking about this and I am thinking this will be nothing like Royal Quest which had pretty big matches throughout, despite the main event being fairly predictable it was a match people wanted. Will this be more like the NJPW/RPW Global wars or the shows they did a year or 2 prior to Royal Quest (I think one was Milton Keynes). 

• Paid Members

I think they'll do fine, as they've still got enough good will to fill the place to a decent level. It's very short notice but I believe Ospreay is still a draw if his York Hall appearances are anything to go by.

So that, plus it being the first proper New Japan show here since 2019, and I think they'll pull through regardless of the date and how many other events are taking place the same weekend (and there is a LOT).

I'm looking at hotels now and things are TIGHT. 85% of rooms in that area are already fully booked on Booking.com.

NFL London Game at Tottenham is on the Sunday as well whilst the crossover between the 2 might not be massive it rules me out on this event.

Shame as the 1st one was fantastic, great venue and matches

This one just seems thrown together and doesnt feel as big time with the much smaller venue (I was at the ROH show a few years back and it was roasting in the building as well as its just a sports centre really)

Interesting to see how well this does and what matches are actually going to take place

• 2 weeks later...

Ticket prices at £30 to £120. 

Names announced

Okada, Ishii, Naito, Sabre Jr, Takahashi and Ospreay. With such a short time to go I'm surprised that they haven't announced a match yet or announced more people but I get the feeling it might be those 6 plus Aussie Open, Shota Umino and Yota Tsuji with RPW talent. 

Edit : FTR just added

Edited by westlondonmist

• 4 weeks later...