NJPW World

Sphinx

3 hours ago, gmoney said:

Ospreay match was really fun, 6 man with ZSJr and Naito was great. Venue was excellent and had a unique atmosphere. Probably helped that at the Copper Box we were at the back, whereas here there wasn't a bad seat in the place. Roll on tomorrow!

I was near the back at the Copper Box and it was great but there is always something unique about smaller venues. I paid something like £20 to£30 for RPW/NJPW shows at York Hall or Walthamstow Assembly Hall and always had an amazing view. 

• Paid Members

A cracking weekend of shows. FTR vs Aussie Open is going to land high in a lot of MOTY discussion, and Ishii vs Tsuji was a belting performance. All the other matches were loaded with holiday Butlins camp antics that won't do well on video but were great to see live in a venue like that. Everyone worked hard and the crowd were into mostly everything, and that's all I ask for when I buy a ticket to a wrestling show. 

Pretty much agree with all of the above.

I loved the FTR match on night 1. Been going to wrestling shows for 21 years and I am pretty confident its the best live match I have ever seen.

Ishii and Tsuji was lllllllovely stuff. Ishii greatest hits really. I think anyone who didnt know Tsuji had completely bought in when, despite being a huge beefy boy, did a fosbury flop dive. Mental bastard. 

The rest was good for the most part and certainly fun to see live but deep into house show territory. 

I'll tell you what can fuck off though. When they let the British lads have a go in the opening matches, they have an entirely acceptable match but they try to get the Royal Rumble 2003 Chris Benoit organic standing ovation spot going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

I think a lot of people feel this way, I think not having foreign talent over the last couple of years has really hurt WK

I'll be hopping on board too

Does NJPW have a regular TV show that will build to this event? What's the best way to get involved and start following it?

1 minute ago, Chunk said:

Does NJPW have a regular TV show that will build to this event? What's the best way to get involved and start following it?

They have a tv show but it’s all Japanese. The simplest way is to follow their English YouTube as will have the highlights of the post match interruptions that set up most of the matches. Then you have podcasts like the super J cast that o used to listen to when I watched a lotta new Japan during the elite Run that’s good for fleshing things out, I had to give up on that tho as their omega hate was like 30 mins on each pod so it might be the same Now he’s gonna be on the card

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

TV title final? Did New Japan not have enough belts???

I’ve fallen behind but having looked at the WK card so far…. Where’s Naito?

He and Sanada are one of the leading teams in the ongoing tag league, the winners of which are against FTR at WK.

Most likely either Sanada/Naito or Aussie Open are winning, but either way they won't announce their WK matches until the tag league is done.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, JNLister said:

He and Sanada are one of the leading teams in the ongoing tag league, the winners of which are against FTR at WK.

Most likely either Sanada/Naito or Aussie Open are winning, but either way they won't announce their WK matches until the tag league is done.

I'm guessing Sanada turns on him soon.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Chunk said:

The next "bigger" show where there will likely be results, announcements and angles to build towards WrestleKingdom will be the show on 14 December, which hosts both the World Tag League and Super Junior Tag League finals, as well as Karl Anderson back from WWE to defend the NEVER Openweight Title against Hikuleo. There could be returns/announcements etc. there. And then there will probably be a press conference the next day or so where the matches are announced.