NJPW World

Sphinx

11 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

A TV title? Fucks sake. 

Isn't Japanese TV generally just highlights and clipped matches from previous weeks shows? 

Seems it’s more of a YouTube title with the emphasis on a 15 min limit for younger wrestlers 

• 3 weeks later...

They’ve announced the Full card for Wrestle Kingdom this morning and cheering will be allowed!

IWGP JR Heavyweight Tag Team Titles

Francesco Akira and TJP(c) Vs Lio Rush and Yoh

IWGP Women’s Title

Kairi(c) Vs Tam Nakano

IWGP Tag Team Titles

FTR(c) Vs Hirooki Goto and Yoshi Hashi

IWGP TV Title Final

Zack Sabre Jr Vs Ren Narita

Never Openweight Title

Karl Anderson(c) Vs Tama Tonga

Keiji Mutoh, Shota Umino and Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs Tetsuya Naito, Sanada and Bushi 

IWGP JR Heavyweight Title

Taiji Ishimori(c) Vs El Desperado Vs Hiromu Takahashi Vs Master Wato

IWGP US Title

Will Ospreay(c) Vs Kenny Omega 

IWGP Heavyweight Title

Jay White(c) Vs Kazuchika Okada

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Looking at the Muta match, is this going to involve Bushi attempting the mist, Muta going mental and misting him or do we Sanada turn on Naito to help the man who trained him? 

He's wrestling as Keiji Mutoh, not as The Great Muta, so while it could be fun to see some most spots, I'm not sure we will.

• 3 weeks later...

If anything I think that's surprisingly good for Ospreay. 

It was proper shite when he was doing this gimmick at shows where fans could only clap back though. But that was a wider NJPW problem where they seemed to think that was a good time to generate heat. 

Still not a match I'm remotely interested in watching. I'm not convinced they're a good fit together. It's telling that Omega's best matches were against Okada who isn't exactly a "moves" guy. Its been a while since I've seen either of them wrestle but they both seemed better suited to more "mature" performers. 

That whole card is meh to me. I haven't watched New Japan since the last WK but even I can't be arsed with Okada vs. White. 

Not convinced by the junior title match either. 

Might actually skip this year. I'm still subscribed to Wrestle Universe and really only have the patience for TJPW length matches. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Vamp said:

Okada vs. White

Funny thing.... time was that there was a never-ending cycle of matches between Okada, Tana and AJ, then later on Naito in there too, like with barely a fresh main event once in six months. But whenever a new match was announced between the top guys, it will still be exciting - like, "I know this will be awesome, I wonder how it will be different to the last one" etc.

This match is NOT that energy. At least for me.

Spoiler

I know it's more of a cultural thing but I do miss the proper roar of an American crowd sometimes. Especially for a moment like Mercedes coming out.

Pros to her showing up:

She looked fantastic and had a great energy about her.

They made her feel like a star.

Cons:

I don't know what that move was she did to Kairi but it looked shit.

They seem to be giving her a title shot pretty damn quick. Maybe she's not sticking around for too long.

Spoiler obviously.