NJPW World

Sphinx

5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:
  Hide contents

I know it's more of a cultural thing but I do miss the proper roar of an American crowd sometimes. Especially for a moment like Mercedes coming out.

Pros to her showing up:

She looked fantastic and had a great energy about her.

They made her feel like a star.

Cons:

I don't know what that move was she did to Kairi but it looked shit.

They seem to be giving her a title shot pretty damn quick. Maybe she's not sticking around for too long.

Spoiler obviously.

Spoiler

Not all that unusual for someone to debut challenging the champion. She's expensive and they're looking to get as much value you from her as possible.

18 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not all that unusual for someone to debut challenging the champion. She's expensive and they're looking to get as much value you from her as possible.

Spoiler

She came out and it was a genuine unbelievable feeling debut....

Then she decided too do a promo to a pretty much exclusively Japanese speaking crowd with no translator so it went flat on that aspect.

But also why did she sound like she had just recently suffered from a stroke and drank 12 bottles of jack Daniel's before walking to the ring 

• Paid Members

I don't watch NJPW so have no idea what usually goes down etc, so this was me seeing it for the first time..

Spoiler

The Mercedes debut was shit lets be honest. Flat, quiet crowd (I hear thats the Japanese way so fair enough), a move that looked overly complicated and had no impact then a rambling promo before saying the most overused word in wrestling ''Bitch''.

She looked the business, don't get me wrong and she certainly has star quality, but this wasn't it for me. 

Disappointed.

Spoiler

Oh my God.....that will osprey vs Kenny omega match is absolutely the best wrestling match I've ever watched live.

It was also up there as one of the most uncomfortable matches I've ever watched live, I've seen less brutality in a cage during ufc.

I think will knocked himself out about 3/4 times but both those guys went into that ring and put on a 5 star match that for me evoked raw and genuine emotion 

Ospreay vs Omega was great.

Don't think it was exceptional, and I enjoyed the Omega-Okada matches more (I'm a very casual viewer, I'll really only watch 1 or 2 matches a year) but the drama was brilliant.

Ospreay is such an amazing athlete, and that period of the match where he was bloodied and out of it, highlighted what a good seller he is. His desperation tactics were brilliant, and Omega looked a right bastard for how brutal he was being. 

That DDT on the top rope was fucking stupid, but amazing. As was the German off the top, I genuinely winced at that.

Then Ospreay spitting at him causing Kenny to lose it and take it home was a great touch. 

A superb effort all round. Kenny Omega is the absolute bollocks.

My only criticism? One of them (couldn't work out who) has very Lex Luger "Oooowww! Aaaaah! Ooooooh!" noises when on offence or defence and that annoyed me a bit. 

5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Nice sentiment. Maybe if he ever finds his phone, he could tweet that?

Yeah, what a shame he can’t do a password reset or something like that. I’d like to hear him Speaking Out about the tories. 

42 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

My only criticism? One of them (couldn't work out who) has very Lex Luger "Oooowww! Aaaaah! Ooooooh!" noises when on offence or defence and that annoyed me a bit. 

You're probably right but I didn't notice it mainly because I watched Josh Bailey vs Speedball Bailey the other night and Bailey would have any seller bar Luger sound like a silent movie 

Spoiler

I'd make Ospreay the next person to kick out of the One Winged Angel. It's obvious Gedo is doing the "has his heart breaking loss before his big win" story with Will and Ospreay kicking out of the OWA would make him a star

Jay White breaking from Bullet Club in 2023 could finally make Jay interesting. 

As happy as I am that Takagi is probably out of the "Vince Russo Division" the fact he's the next challenger shows how stagnant the main event scene is. Get Shota up there with the big boys. He has IT