NJPW World

Sphinx

Finally caught up on the rest of Sakura Genesis.

1. Robbie Eagles was on a mission to remind people how good he is.
  2. Shota Umino's tribute to Tanahashi is moribund.  He has less going on in the eyes than Yoshi-Hashi. Umino is the next  Yoshi-Hashi.
  3. I don't care for the NJ tag match house style but the tag title match was good.  They are the anti-Umino.

Edited by El Hijo del Mikey Jr

• Paid Members

Absolutely cracking bit of work on yesterday's Collision In Philadelphia show where Orange Cassidy has to switch hands to shake Gabriel Kidd's hands after their match as he's still selling his injury from Dynamite.

Genuinely one of the best in the world right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm stuck in a bit of a time warp back to 2019 in regards to New Japan so the match I'm most looking forward to there is Taguchi vs Kushida.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This years G1 looks the most interesting in a few years and after not watching the last couple I think I’ll be all over this one. Really hoping Eddie Kingston puts on a good showing and it’ll be interesting to see given the format how well Kaito gets on.

• Paid Members

Eddie Kingston featuring is enough for me to watch my first G1 in years. Fans are allowed to make noise again, right? Can’t be arsed with clap crowds. Hoping Eddie goes all the way.

Forbidden Door already looks ridiculous. Night and day with last year’s card. Shout out to Tony Khan. Not happy with his EWR run after Double or Nothing got mixed reviews, he’s started a new save with all the cheats turned on.

I take back everything I said about Bryan Danielson weirdly not taking any bumps recently. Makes perfect sense now. Don’t even fly that man in for TV between now and the Pay Per View. Pay him to stay at home and plant trees, ensuring he’s healthy for the Okada match.

Ideally, don’t fly Ospreay in for TV either. Not for his health, just because he’s a useless, annoying knobhead if he’s not having a match, bruv.

Edited by Supremo

What were Rev Pro feeding Yota Tsuji? 

He looked like an absolute star in that main event, the crowd were begging for him to win the World title by the end and so was I, absolute bonkers sprint of a match too considering your usual NJPW main events.

Ospreay/Omega III main eventing All in would be my guess at this point.

I don’t watch Noah so my only view on Kaito is that mini shoot with Okada earlier on in the year but the crowd reaction to him entering the G1 gave me goosebumps, the fact they’ve made it 32 entrants now is becoming a slog with the amount of tag wrestlers they’ve thrown in this year though, Did they do 4 blocks last year too with each winner going to the semis? Or was it 2 blocks with top 2 going through?

Edited by TildeGuy~!

58 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

What were Rev Pro feeding Yota Tsuji? 

He looked like an absolute star in that main event, the crowd were begging for him to win the World title by the end and so was I, absolute bonkers sprint of a match too considering your usual NJPW main events.

Ospreay/Omega III main eventing All in would be my guess at this point.

I don’t watch Noah so my only view on Kaito is that mini shoot with Okada earlier on in the year but the crowd reaction to him entering the G1 gave me goosebumps, the fact they’ve made it 32 entrants now is becoming a slog with the amount of tag wrestlers they’ve thrown in this year though, Did they do 4 blocks last year too with each winner going to the semis? Or was it 2 blocks with top 2 going through?

Last year was 4 groups of 7. I don't think they've done 2 groups with top 2 from each going through for about a decade. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Can't think of anything worse, personally. 

I imagine it’ll be a spectacle but I can’t say I’m thrilled about it. I’d much rather they both had matches against more interesting opponents than what is a essentially a mirror match. Without trying to sound too snarky if Omega is on the card then Ospreay isn’t offering much more than Omega Lite.

AEW don't even want to run another show that weekend to water down Wembley being their first event here, but aye they're going to let one half of the main event work RevPro the night before.

Once Ospreay v. Takagi was booked, chances of an upper card appearance by Ospreay dropped considerably.