NJPW World

Sphinx

8 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Blocks have been announced! Top 2 go through from each block

So Okada has beef with Umino and Kiyomiya and you have Tsuji and Narita in the same block and you put Okada in a different block. Make it make sense?

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that got Chase Owens and Okada mixed up when they did the blocks and they change it later in the week. 

• 4 weeks later...

Jun Kasai was completely over with the New Japan crowd this Indepedence Day, he tagged with El Desperado against Homicide and Jon Moxley and it's as wild as you'd expect.

EDIT: Holy fuck that Mox v Desperado singles match the day after is one hell of a battle, in my top 5 matches of the year so far. Not just ultraviolent but stupidly good fun, I legit laughed out loud a couple of times at how good it was.

Edited by Merzbow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not often I disagree with you Supremo but I thought he sounded like a twat. Just some chavvy nobhead like the ones I have to deal with at work all day. Hope he gets 0 points in the G1 and I never see him anywhere near AEW.

• Paid Members

I find pretty much all English wrestler promos (except Regal and Pac) to be very cringe-inducing and phony sounding. Something about our accents/cadence just doesn't really lend itself to delivering good wrestling promos. 

• Paid Members

G1 Climax 15/07 spoilers (not sure on the rules in here)

Spoiler

A very mixed bag as expected looking at the participants in the block.

Ren Narita vs Shota Umino was MOTN and really surprised me. The last time I watched NJPW these were both all-black Young Lions and now look at them!
When the bell rang I was all for Umino but Narita really won me over. I was impressed by his bridge so to hear the announce team big it up right after wasn't a shock. The story of Narita never beating Shota was a good one for fresh faces like me and gave the match some better stakes.

Kiyomiya's half nelson sit-out driver move is brilliant and way better than the shining wizard which has never looked good no matter who does it. Gene Blast guy looks like he has all the tools but nothing he did drew me in.

Glad to see Gabriel Kidd lose. His trash talk in this match was arguably more embarrassing than during the press conference. I had no idea who he was until Supremo posted that clip and now he has go away heat with me.

Skipped a lot of the matches, as will be the case for most of the G1. I'll watch the ones that catch my eye but I can't be committing to binge watching weeks of Hikuleo and Tonga Loa matches, and despite I'm sure putting on a good match with Will Ospreay I'm baffled years after I first saw him that Taichi is still there looking even worse than he did before. I know the match-to-match results don't matter that much booking wise but Ospreay coming off a win over Omega and losing to Taichi on Night 1 was really bad booking.

Block B looks 100% better on paper but Block A has some of my attention with Ren, Shota, Kiyomiya and Ospreay.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

G1 Climax 15/07 spoilers (not sure on the rules in here)

Hide contents

Skipped a lot of the matches, as will be the case for most of the G1. I'll watch the ones that catch my eye but I can't be committing to binge watching weeks of Hikuleo and Tonga Loa matches, and despite I'm sure putting on a good match with Will Ospreay I'm baffled years after I first saw him that Taichi is still there looking even worse than he did before. I know the match-to-match results don't matter that much booking wise but Ospreay coming off a win over Omega and losing to Taichi on Night 1 was really bad booking.

Spoiler

I agree that Taichi is shite, but I do like results like this in the G1 because it keeps things unpredictable, and in a sporting context it's quite realistic/interesting to have someone coming off a gruelling win to lose to someone they should beat. Also, I'll never not love Yano beating huge stars. 

• 4 weeks later...

Can't find a clip of it, but a scary and stupid moment at G1 Climax where Ospreay accidentally kicks Naito in the head and knocks him silly but they keep going in the match even though Naito can't stand straight.

Japan seems like the last bastion of the old-school mentality that pretends concussions aren't a dangerous thing.  Match should have been stopped immediately.