NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Maikeru said:

Wasn't Oku's girlfriend accompanied down the aisle by Tanahashi? Guess that was called on the fly. 

It was completely Tanahashi going into business for himself, and Amira just running with it. 

• 1 month later...

Seeing reports that WWE is heavily interested in Okada. Forgive my scant knowledge of the Japanese scene but is this something anyone thinks he might consider?

I know he had a bad taste in his mouth about American wrestling from TNA (and who can blame him?) but I see people saying he has done everything he can do in New Japan and that Nakamura's 'more money for a lot less effort' deal could sway him.

Thoughts? 

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

10 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Seeing reports that WWE is heavily interested in Okada. Forgive my scant knowledge of the Japanese scene but is this something anyone thinks he might consider?

I know he had a bad taste in his mouth about American wrestling from TNA (and who can blame him?) but I see people saying he has done everything he can do in New Japan and that Nakamura's 'more money for a lot less effort' deal could sway him.

Thoughts? 

Recently married to a voice actor and just had their first kid this year. Doesn't rule anything out but there's more to it than just the wrestling side of things.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I think he probably would, yes. For all the bluster about Puro being the better, “wrestling as a sport” product, which mostly comes from Western fans, over there the majority feeling is still that WWE is the pinnacle. There’s got to be a case for, just like with Nakamura, if you’re at that level where you’ve done it all wrong in New Japan (and in Okadas case to the record-setting extent), being tempted if WWE come knocking to see how well you’d do as part of “the show.”

Anybody watching the new app on Roku have you say it's brilliant only down side of the new app not alot of the older shows are there and won't all be there till the end of 2024  was hoping to watch some older best of the super Jr's but all in due course just happy to have a decent app to watch on tv.

I’ve only tried the phone app since the change over. Took a bit to figure out that some shows are split into ‘Seasons’ with  matches listed as ‘Episodes’ rather than just being able to go to the show in the browser and just having them split up like before. Will get used to it I’m sure.
 Haven’t tried Roku app yet but will do as Roku tends to be the best way to watch most things

Edited by WyattSheepMask

35 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’ve only tried the phone app since the change over. Took a bit to figure out that some shows are split into ‘Seasons’ with  matches listed as ‘Episodes’ rather than just being able to go to the show in the browser and just having them split up like before. Will get used to it I’m sure.
 Haven’t tried Roku app yet but will do as Roku tends to be the best way to watch most things

Yeah the Roku app is solid I've been watching it over a week now have to say I'm enjoying it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...