NJPW World

Sphinx

11 minutes ago, tsve said:

And finally, unpopular opinion alert - William Ospreay you're a class act. No one was better in the ring 2023 and it wasn't even close. But the genuine love and gratitude he has for NJPW and its fans, and they have for him, really got me emotional. I admit my own connection to the country and my love of NJPW biases this, but when he was talking of anxiety issues and the struggle of living in zombie Japan for 3 years during Covid-19 it got me. Standing at the entrance way on his way to the back after the main event, it was like he could barely turn himself around and have it all end. He could do with toning down the "bruv" stuff but maybe, just maybe, the silly boy has become a man.

Mrs Ospreay? Is that you?

• 4 weeks later...

So Jungle Boy Jack Perry is now in House of Torture and is saying that he asked for his release from AEW but it was turned down, I'm pretty sure that's just in character but yeah he's back wrestling again.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Roman Reigns. Beltless loser. Seth Rollins. Beltless loser. Can’t even do a poxy run-in. Jon Moxley though? IWGP World Heavyweight Champion. First and only man to ever win WWE, AEW and New Japan World Titles. Brilliant. The one true ace of The Shield.

Top move by New Japan. Definitely enough for me to start watching regularly again. Also quite funny that Mox isn’t even in AEW at the moment, enjoying his Easter Holidays, and yet the moment more Punk bullshit kicked off he still ended up with a World Title around his waist. Like a prophecy. Life finds a way.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Matt Riddle acting the tit, going full Austin Aries, no-selling his loss, and high-fiving fans as he danced out of the arena was interesting. Has he managed to fuck up his New Japan deal already? I mean, it was always cursed to begin with, but that's record time! Man's a Grade-A whopper. Glad this means he likely won't be at Forbidden Door.

Edited by Supremo