NJPW World

Sphinx

The 6-man was proper great. 

The moment Mox started talking about training with the best wrestler in the world my goose pimples started rising. Great video too. The fact the crowd did the "yes" chant was awesome. 

I wish I could hate someone the way way Okada hates Shota 

If anything Tsuji/Sanada went 10 minutes too long. Tsuji should have hit everything at Sanada and then Sanada knocks him out with the finisher for the win. You could have told the story that Tsuji can be the next guy but he has a bad chin and needs to improve that to be the next big man. LIJ thinking he's getting too big for his boots and walking off is an interesting story though. 

Looking forward to Eddie getting heat from the boys by telling everyone in the locker room that the King's Road was better than The Three Musketeers era

• Paid Members

Best moment on the show was Ishii headbutting the living fuck out of Moxley. Did they ever do a rematch of their bonkers G1 match? Maybe that’s another match for Forbidden Door. Just go ahead and put on the greatest show of all time. Why not.

While it is a possibility for All In at Wembley, if Osprey is still contracted to New Japan, which I believe he is until the end of January 2024 at least, then I can’t see New Japan allowing AEW to have the rubber match at their show with one of New Japan’s biggest names. I know that they’ve had New Japan talent on AEW before and obviously Forbidden Door is marketed as Co-branded, but as things are right now All In is an AEW show, not a joint show with New Japan. If the rubber match is happening anywhere it’s going to be at Wrestle Kingdom, because if Omega wants to work it, TK isn’t going to say no to him. And New Japan management probably know that

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

If anything Tsuji/Sanada went 10 minutes too long. Tsuji should have hit everything at Sanada and then Sanada knocks him out with the finisher for the win. You could have told the story that Tsuji can be the next guy but he has a bad chin and needs to improve that to be the next big man. LIJ thinking he's getting too big for his boots and walking off is an interesting story though. 

I thought the story they told throughout the match was great, Sanada had an answer for every time Tsuji tried to hit his finisher the spear but had absolutely no idea what else Tsuji would throw at him, I marked out at him cartwheeling out of Sanada’s finisher though.

I dipped into the main event based on the response on here, and I think it went the ideal length. Yota is like the main event form of Takahashi, stripping out the "I'm well mad, me" silliness to be a grinning golem. It was a great dynamic against the stoic SANADA, although maybe a bit of a risk, having a more colourful guy as one of his earliest defences, hence the Yota chants from the get-go. The match itself was fairly standard NJPW main event stuff, elevated by the unknown element that was Tsuji. Whatever happens on NJPW's Young Lions' excursions is obviously working.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I imagine it’ll be a spectacle but I can’t say I’m thrilled about it. I’d much rather they both had matches against more interesting opponents than what is a essentially a mirror match. Without trying to sound too snarky if Omega is on the card then Ospreay isn’t offering much more than Omega Lite.

It's more that I don't want a non-AEW wrestler in a prominent spot on AEWs biggest show. Especially not one whose as big of a cunt as Ospreay.

AEW trademarked the term "WrestleDream" a few months ago and it's rumoured to be for a Forbidden Door type event that'll take place in Japan rather than the US. I'd be fine with Ospreay on that.

• Paid Members

Watched the main event of All Together Again and can someone please explain Okada to me these days?
He came across as the biggest heel in the match and I don't know if he was meant to.

32 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Watched the main event of All Together Again and can someone please explain Okada to me these days?
He came across as the biggest heel in the match and I don't know if he was meant to.

If he’s wrestling another face he generally works as a heel as he’s quite cocky anyways.