NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

Ibushi and Kenta have both been dropping clear hints on twitter about working together again. Ibushi clearly wants to, Omega clearly wants to. With NJPW having had a change in leadership (I think?), this may be much more likely now.

I am very, very interested in KENTA vs Moxley. KENTA ruining Naito's moment last year is one of my favourite dickhead bits in wrestling in years. Moxley is great and KENTA is the perfect little shit. They should have a really good match.

• Paid Members

That's good for me. Almost deleted my Roku Channel from my device's list today. Given how difficult it is to get NJPW World on Roku (I've searched for various methods, but since Roku withdrew their web browser facility, it seems there's almost no first-party support from them for viewing on there), I'm glad to see some expansion.

EDIT: Hah - they're debuting it on Feb 11th, Japan's National Foundation Day.

Edited by Carbomb

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

That's good for me. Almost deleted my Roku Channel from my device's list today. Given how difficult it is to get NJPW World on Roku (I've searched for various methods, but since Roku withdrew their web browser facility, it seems there's almost no first-party support from them for viewing on there), I'm glad to see some expansion.

I tend to find using the TV Cast app works really well. You just use the browser in app and it should just cast over the WiFi 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I tend to find using the TV Cast app works really well. You just use the browser in app and it should just cast over the WiFi 

Is it just called "TV Cast"?

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Do you need a Roku player to get the channel or can you get it on Fire TV?

It's not available on Fire TV in the UK, but it is in the US (so, potentially could be accessed on Fire TV via VPN?).  As well as Roku devices, it's available on Sky Q and Now TV in the UK too.

The Roku Channel is free, but there's not much worth watching on there (mainly reality TV series, cartoons and some older movies).

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Very tempted to sign up to this as I see its on Fire Stick

Is it like the Network where all the PPVs and big shows are on there? Also do most of the big shows have English commentary? Thanks 

There’s a lot of back catalogue shows on there but it’s not complete. If it’s just more recent stuff you’re looking for you’re fine, it’s pretty substantial. Big shows have English comms at the moment, before the pandemic almost all shows did. 

Can’t comment too much on how well it runs on fire stick. I’ve been watching it on my Xbox one/series X for years perfectly, however I’ve had a lot of issues lately (error: manifestparsing apparently) with video playback stopping since they’ve changed providers so I’m looking into other tv options.

Edited by Harvey Dent

I've had this running with no problems on Fire Stick.

There's absolutely bags of content, and they're really speedy at getting the latest shows on there, including with English commentary. They're still obviously just running the site through a Google Translate bot, so some of the site blurb sounds a bit weird, and, although they do a decent job highlighting the latest stuff and have an OK content split on the main page, it can be a pain to search for older shows once they drop off the front page.

Last time I subscribed, 999YEN came to about £7.00, which was blinding for my WK/New Years Dash double header, and then the full G1 later in the year. Just, in case you aren't aware, watch out for your payment timing - your first sub only takes you to the end of the current month, but cancelling is immediate. Anyone, feel free to correct me if they've updated this.

Edited by CavemanLynn