NJPW World

Sphinx

On 9/11/2020 at 11:31 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

The Full Match line up has been announced and the way the G1 usually goes it comes down to the final matches between the top 2 in each block.

Therefore 

A Block: Kazuchika Okada Vs Will Ospreay

B Block: Sanada Vs Evil.

One of those 4 is winning the G1

We’re into the final week now and this looks like the most likely scenario.

New Japan is so predictable.

• Paid Members

Kota Ibushi vs Minoru Suzuki was absolutely fascinating. It was one I was looking forward to anyway, so when Meltzer described it on twitter as "the greatest one-take no stopping or starting live movie fight scene of all-time", I was really interested. They smacked the absolute shit out of each other, and part of the fun was that it kept going back and forward as to which of them had fucked up more by pissing the other off.

I expect it's going to be loved by some and hated by others. I loved it. Obviously, a lot of what adds to it is knowing more about the characters involved - Suzuki's general love of violence, and Ibushi's competitiveness sometimes wandering into his dead-eyed destroyer mode. A lot of stiff strikes, some slow grappling and even a handful of straight wrestling moves.

1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

I don't think Okada or Ospreay can win their groups can they? I think its down to Ibushi and White. 

Via Tie breaker they both can, but now that they’ve stated the main event for the final A Block matches on Friday is Ishii Vs White it looks like Jay White will be winning his block once again.

I've been enjoying Jay throughout G1, he's a great heel and love him winding up the crowd "chant Ibushi's name...c'mon chant!!!....that's right YOU CAN'T" nothing unusual but I thought it was well done.

I know him getting world title so soon seemed odd or not ready but now fits perfectly into his character that he could actually win against anyone.

As for G1 no idea who will win I've just been watching matches I like the look of so dunno who's ahead in points etc

1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I've been enjoying Jay throughout G1, he's a great heel and love him winding up the crowd "chant Ibushi's name...c'mon chant!!!....that's right YOU CAN'T" nothing unusual but I thought it was well done.

As for G1 no idea who will win I've just been watching matches I like the look of so dunno who's ahead in points etc

Absolutely with you on both of those.

Looking like we are in for a mixup of Factions going forward with issues in chaos and Bullet club. Much needed to get rid of a lot of the staleness to be honest 

• Paid Members
On 9/11/2020 at 11:31 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

The Full Match line up has been announced and the way the G1 usually goes it comes down to the final matches between the top 2 in each block.

Therefore 

A Block: Kazuchika Okada Vs Will Ospreay

B Block: Sanada Vs Evil.

One of those 4 is winning the G1

On 10/12/2020 at 10:07 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

We’re into the final week now and this looks like the most likely scenario.

New Japan is so predictable.

Christ, I hope Ibushi wins.

• Paid Members

I doubt he’ll win two in a row unless they’re committed to going all the way with him. Or totally Lugering him into oblivion. Either would be great.