NJPW World

Sphinx

Annoyed Despy didn’t win BOSJ, he should have after this moment.

So the Wrestle Kingdom line up over 2 nights is starting to take shape.

Tetsuya Naito Vs Kota Ibushi on Night 1 with the winner taking on Jay White on Night 2.

Kazuchika Okada Vs Will Ospreay 

Dangerous Tekkerz Vs Guerillas of Destiny

Taiji Ishimori Vs Hiromu Takahashi

Shingo Takagi Vs Jeff Cobb

Plus still not announced but currently looking like

Jon Moxley Vs Kenta

Toru Yano Vs Bad Luck Fale 

The Great O’Khan Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Evil Vs Sanada

Hiromu Takahashi Vs Winner Of The Super J Cup 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

5 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Annoyed Despy didn’t win BOSJ, he should have after this moment.

I agree. Despy's always seemed to me to be a body making up the numbers. But that unmasking was excellent. The white mariachi pants with the contacts and smudged skull paint had shades of Kishin Liger, and would be a great look for him to break out.

1 hour ago, KingofSports said:

"Super J-Cup" doesn't contain 1 Japanese wrestler and if they have a venue for it, they ain't saying. Perculiar way of conducting your business. Presumably, it's going to be held in the U.S, given that most, if not all competitors are based there. I'll be giving it a wide berth either way.

I’m guessing it’s being held at the place they’ve been taping all the New Japan Strong US shows from.

Quick google search says that’s the Oceanville Pavillion in California.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

If you wanted to get more familiar with New Japan they have put both nights of this years Wrestle Kingdom up for free on New Japan World

If you haven't watched much NJPW before, the Okada vs Ibushi match was incredible. My favourite match over both nights, and I much preferred it to Okada/Naito.

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I haven't watched much since this year's Wrestle Kingdom - is there much worth checking out from this year before next year's WK?

Hiromu vs El Desperado from last week’s BOSJ final. A few from the G1: Tana vs Naito, ZSJ vs EVIL, ZSJ vs KENTA, Ospreay vs Shingo, Ibushi vs Taichi. Any of the tag title matches between Tana/Ibushi vs ZSJ/Taichi. Surprisingly a lot of the NEVER 6 man title matches have been really good.

Other than that, not so much. As with everything else 2020, it’s been a weird year.

So unless they have a surprise announcement on Night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom, Moxley isn’t turning up.

Kenta will face Satoshi Kohima for the briefcase because Juice Robinson has been forced out through injury.

These were the highlights for the Wrestle Kingdom Presser for me.

spacer.png

Edited by TildeGuy~!