NJPW World

Sphinx

33 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Did NJPW and Omega fall out solely because he decided to go to AEW or were there other reasons?

Pretty much, when they found out Omega and The Bucks would be leaving they stopped booking them strongly and were also told they were not gonna be booked for New Years Dash(the night after Wrestle Kingdom) for one final goodbye. 

They also tried to block Omega from working for DDT last year. 

The baseline level of G1 Climax 30, even with the major players obviously slowing down, will still be very good.  I'm disappointed that they kept Yujiro in from their original no-gaijin plan. I would rather they'd put a young lion in there to job every night, that's how bad he is now.  No, it's probably not going to as good as anything from G1 24 to 27.  Personally, despite star ratings, I felt that 28 and 29 were a step down from the previous years and the middle shows seriously dragged.

Problem is, as Supremo alludes to, while Ospreay hasn't been cancelled professionally, he's been cancelled in a lot of people's hearts.  Maybe I've had some sort of brain function problem (certainly a possibility given the traumatising world we live in) but, in this specific case, it doesn't bother me and I can live with it.  It you've been capping his GIFs for the last three years, how can anything have seriously changed now?  That somebody won't shut up about it?

12 hours ago, mikey said:

The baseline level of G1 Climax 30, even with the major players obviously slowing down, will still be very good.  I'm disappointed that they kept Yujiro in from their original no-gaijin plan. I would rather they'd put a young lion in there to job every night, that's how bad he is now.  No, it's probably not going to as good as anything from G1 24 to 27.  Personally, despite star ratings, I felt that 28 and 29 were a step down from the previous years and the middle shows seriously dragged.

Problem is, as Supremo alludes to, while Ospreay hasn't been cancelled professionally, he's been cancelled in a lot of people's hearts.  Maybe I've had some sort of brain function problem (certainly a possibility given the traumatising world we live in) but, in this specific case, it doesn't bother me and I can live with it.  It you've been capping his GIFs for the last three years, how can anything have seriously changed now?  That somebody won't shut up about it?

I'm the same. I can still watch Benoit, Ospreay and pretty much any other performer without much moral angst. It shows how desensitised I've become over the decades. Maybe I just seperate person from performance much easier than some. I don't see him winning it.. Okada going all the way v Evil in the final. 

With Ospreay, we have an email of someone else using his name to get someone off a show. If it is true, it’s still way lower down in terms of offences compared to others that I can’t see it affecting me watching him in ring. The sexual offenders who have slid away and not even denied anything I’d not enjoy watching. 

2 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

I'm the same. I can still watch Benoit, Ospreay and pretty much any other performer without much moral angst. It shows how desensitised I've become over the decades. Maybe I just seperate person from performance much easier than some. I don't see him winning it.. Okada going all the way v Evil in the final. 

Of course Ospreay's a wanker but I'm not quite sure comparing him to Benoit is being in any way fair to him.

Don't sleep on Tanahashi Vs. ZSJ on the final day either in terms of tie-breaking. SANADA may just be there at that stage to play spoiler to EVIL. Also....notice that Shingo Vs. Suzuki is going on last over Okada Vs. Ospreay. That feels noteworthy. I predicted the participants and outcome of the final perfectly last year, so I'm going to mull this over and give it a crack in a couple of days...

Fucking hell, those A block shows look ace.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Louch said:

With Ospreay, we have an email of someone else using his name to get someone off a show. If it is true, it’s still way lower down in terms of offences compared to others that I can’t see it affecting me watching him in ring. The sexual offenders who have slid away and not even denied anything I’d not enjoy watching. 

Why was he trying to get someone off a show?

21 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Those rumours about the Yakuza being involved with Japanese pro wrestling seem to hold some weight then? :) 

Historically with Pro-Wrestling NOAH & the odd rumour about Kojika (BJW) having ties to them. Wouldn't be sure how or if it extends beyond those. Mentioned it before, but I was communicating with a Japanese guy recently, for a period of time. He reckoned that a high percentage of Yak members (he suggested as many as 80%) are Korean nationals. There's still a lot of heat between S.Korea and Japan, on top of Rocket Man launching shit in their general direction. Anyway that's by-the-by.