NJPW World

Sphinx

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Has NJPW World been updated recently? I haven't used it in a while but I always found it a bit of a shit app to use. Just wondered if they'd made any changes or improvements.

Not huge changes. They have the events in order, decades plus each title history w the defenses in order.Ā 

4 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I donā€™t understand what the Uughh is about, is it the competitors in the tournament?Ā 

Everyone else is either tied up in other matches or lives in America. Ā 

Did you not realise this?Ā 

Yes. That's exactly what it is. Okada needed time off to put this together?! I've done more interesting shits....and no, I don't make mental notes of everyone's schedules, but it was clearly the dregs of whatever was left over.

9 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Not sure but I think I like this. Though another title!? Look forward to some stipulation matches though. Something a bit different in njpw. Loved the Archer v mox match at WK.Ā 

I think itā€™s just a trophy, I remember Okada saying in the announcement for the tournament that it will only be defended once a year at Wrestle Kingdom orĀ something along those lines.

21 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Not sure but I think I like this. Though another title!? Look forward to some stipulation matches though. Something a bit different in njpw. Loved the Archer v mox match at WK.Ā 

Itā€™s effectively WWEā€™s championship scramble match stretched out to a calendar year. The winner on the 29th August is the provisional KOPW champ, thereā€™s apparently going to beĀ title matches throughout the year and then at theĀ end of the year, the ā€˜championā€™Ā is declared 2020 KOPWĀ and gets a trophy with the entire thing resetting for 2021.

Edited by JimboDangerous
Wording

Gives Okada something to do away from the main title. Given the fun he had wearing long trousers and the pop he got for wearing shorts, willing to let it run out before instantly dismissingĀ 

So both New Japan and Stardom have now had to cancel shows at the last minute.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/08/njpw-provides-update-on-covid-19-test-after-wrestler-673524/

https://411mania.com/wrestling/stardom-cancels-show-roster-member-positive-covid-19/

Originally it was reported that a Stardom wrestler had a fever but the above is now saying tested positive.

Running shows is risky enough but imo it's madness to actually be touring. Stardom in particular are bonkers to be running their GP under current circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...