NJPW World

Sphinx

Thought I could get behind Evil’s new look when he made his entrance, then the lights came back up, absolute state of him.

Ectz_s7VcAA6pzX?format=jpg&name=large

I thought the Bushi fake out was poorly done, everyone knew it wasn’t him, I thought it was Shingo at first with his big old chest puffed out but then they’ve brought in a 50 year old Dick Togo...

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Is this thread supposed to be spoiler free? 

As for the decision... Well given they have got restrictions on crowds itmaay be the best time to debut evil as champ. Less pressure from parent company to make money and sell out. That said I much prefer heel evil, he was getting old as part of LIJ. 

His new gear looks weird. 

As long as naito gets it back in the future for a proper non covid run I'll be happy. 

I loved some of the story telling... Njpw are great in many ways. Milano and red shoes were cool moments. 

Edited by Michael_3165

I'm aware that I might be on my own in thinking this but I'd have much rather they started a new faction than just had another struggling mid-carder turn heel and join Bullet Club.

I reckon you could pluck one from each of the factions and have something akin to what RISE was. I'll echo what was said about Bullet Club, but CHAOS seems almost meaningless to me nowadays as well. There's only LIJ seem to have any sort of meaningful identity and even that was lessened to me once Naito won the Double Gold Dash.

I'm much happier about old as balls heel manager Dick Togo than I am seeing more Gedo and Jado though.

I’d like a restart on all the factions to be honest. Been that much weakening in some with people leaving, and affiliations that make little sense than it being an extra body for a never 6 man shot that they could all do with a mix up 

Been watching "the history of" on YouTube, its good for catching up on stuff you may have missed but does highlight how stale NJPW are in places, factions being the main one.

A streamlined "Firing Squad" seemed a better option than Bullet Club, which leaves BC free for a return with Omega, Bucks, Gallows, Anderson or more OG guys if that could ever happen or wanted too.

As much as wwe get criticism for being stale New Japan's is just as bad if not worse if you look at how long some guys have been in same spot

23 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Been watching "the history of" on YouTube, its good for catching up on stuff you may have missed but does highlight how stale NJPW are in places, factions being the main one.

A streamlined "Firing Squad" seemed a better option than Bullet Club, which leaves BC free for a return with Omega, Bucks, Gallows, Anderson or more OG guys if that could ever happen or wanted too.

As much as wwe get criticism for being stale New Japan's is just as bad if not worse if you look at how long some guys have been in same spot

A few years ago they seemed decent at it, when Styles and Nakamura left Omega and Naito took their spots. Omega then left and White has taken his place but hasn't fitted as well, they missed the ball with Naito as his 1st run was meaningless, should have then won at Wrestle Kingdom but didn't and by the time he did it was too late. Tana is getting on so needs replacing and that could have been Ibushi but they seemed to have fucked that up too. Too much reliance on Okada who after so long has become stale. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

do Bullet Club still sell shirts in anything like the numbers they used to? I really can't see any other reason to keep them going.

Transition the Tongan lot off into being their own group; either The Firing Squad, or not even a formally branded stable - with the exception of Fale, they're all Haku's lads, so it's not like they need to have any further justification for sticking together. Let Jay White do his own thing - the whole gimmick/persona works better as a lone wolf type anyway. Sack off the Chase Owenses and Yujiros of the world.

That way, you're left with a stable of KENTA, EVIL, and Dick Togo, maybe you could keep El Phantasmo in their as their man in the Junior division, and keep Gedo involved as a powerbroker. That, to me, would be a group that would have far more oomph behind them if they had come together as a wholly new act rather than yet more Bullet Club shenanigans.

It also makes EVIL turning on Naito feel like something more personal, rather than just switching T-shirts.

Chase And Yujiro are like Zack Ryder type guys, just plodding along with no real purpose, groups need fall guys but c'mon.

Bullet Club went exactly as nwo did, devide into Elite/Wolfpac face group, then a few members revamp it like nwo 2000 or black n silver whatever it was called.

Firing Squad group with tama going single and going for the title would've been better, story wise he always seems to let AJ, Omega, Devitt take top spots while be messes in tags.

5 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Firing Squad group with tama going single and going for the title would've been better, story wise he always seems to let AJ, Omega, Devitt take top spots while be messes in tags.

Tama Tonga in a main singles feud is never going to be better.