Sign in to follow this  
Sphinx

NJPW World

Todays main was good but suffered a little in that I never for a second thought they’d cut Naitos balls off and let KENTA beat him. But it was fun.

Be interesting to see how well NJPW do in MSG without it being Mania weekend.  I'd imagine they'll still do really well, but maybe not as well as last time.

15 hours ago, The Dart said:

Be interesting to see how well NJPW do in MSG without it being Mania weekend.  I'd imagine they'll still do really well, but maybe not as well as last time.

I think they’ll probably sell about 29,000 tickets 

Does it have anything to do with their expansion into the US or is this just standard NJPW in America? Not that I was ever clear on what their plans were in the first place.

Takahashi/Ryu and Moxley/Suzuki were both really bloody good, eh? Two superb examples of different styles of wrestling bringing the goods. Excellent stuff all round.

Brilliant show. Great wrestling. Stars. Payoffs. And they're so good at setting up the next big matches.

It looks like Archer is done with New Japan, he had an amazing 2019 once he turned into a singles wrestler, here he is teasing his next move.

Based on his 2019, he can be a really solid addition to any company out there at the moment. I'd probably lean towards AEW but who knows. Either way I've really enjoyed his efforts lately.

I enjoyed KENTA/Naito a lot more than I expected to - Naito is still fun to watch and KENTA is just enormously fun. It certainly wasn't an Okada main event, and definitely had more smoke and mirrors - but they were entertaining, and the bloody Naito was a great visual. Did he just headbutt that turnbuckle hook?

Suzuki/Mox was perfect. Just incredibly fun. Suzuki was acting like he'd finally found someone that's into the same incredibly violent kink he's into, and he couldn't be happier about it.

I feel like Lance Archer simply needs to send Vince a tape of that G1 match with Will Ospreay and he’ll net himself one of the biggest contracts of all time. He looked like the best big man that’s ever lived in that match.