NJPW World

Sphinx

8 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Is Will going up to heavyweight at all, dya think?

They teased his move prior to winning the Super Jrs, then he had a great performance in the G1, he’s put on a lot of muscle recently so I reckon his finally moving up now that Hiromu is back.

I've made my goal for this year to start watching more New Japan and with being bed ridden most of the day due to a bug, today was the perfect opportunity to start and to be honest, it was totally worth it. I'd wanted to watch parts of the show anyway just for Liger's penultimate match and Mox/Archer but the show as a whole was a fun watch. Looking forward to night two tomorrow now, mainly for the Liger finale, Jericho/Tanahashi and Okada/Naito though the Six Man title gauntlet match involving all of NJPW's factions on the pre show should be a good match too

- Juice sold a back injury at the Press Conference.

- Moxley vows to still avenge his G1-Climax loss to Juice.

- I guess Moxley has resigned and winning tomorrow. I can see him take the belt to AEW. 

- Tanahashi to beat Jericho and going to AEW. 

- Naito and Jay White to win.

- Sanada to beat ZSJ

- Kenta wins

- Liger to go out on his back

• Paid Members

As I'm still awake I won't be catching Night 2 live. Assuming it's done around 11am our time will it be on demand around 12ish?

• Paid Members

Brilliant first show. I’m now more convinced than ever that Naito is wining the whole thing, only to lose the Heavyweight or both belts to Ibushi sometime during the Spring or Summer. Give him the big moment but get the belts off him before he falls to pieces.

Ibushi turning into The Terminator was incredible and I know the style’s not for everyone but I thought the Ospreay and Hiromu match was amazing. I found myself literally saying, “oh fuck off!” out loud when they not only attempted that Sasuke Special sequence, but managed to pull it off flawlessly. Insane athleticism.

• Paid Members

First night was insanely good. Most satisfying show I can remember since... I don't know. It's been a long time. Maybe One Night Stand or WM17.

Night two was a good show. If that could have somehow been swapped, it'd have been perfect overall. But god, when you're complaining that it wasn't perfect, you don't have that much to complain about. 

Liger stuff was lovely. I'd have liked him to win one of them, but this is clearly how he wants to go, so who are we to argue?

Mox/Suzuki set-up was so much fun. And I enjoyed most of the early part of the show. 

Fuck Jay White. Obviously.

Naito/Okada was really good, but couldn't match up to Okada/Ibushi the night before, which was incredible. That said, I love that it paid off so much, including Naito finally hitting the Stardust press and it tying into the finish.

The KENTA stuff after had me giggling like a loon. What a great heel move, ruining a celebration that's been built for years. Prick. Loved it.

Didn’t enjoy it as much as night 1 but still a great show, they’re giving me Moxley/Suzuki which is what I wanted in the first place, lovely.

Will watch The Dash live tomorrow, feeling excited as there’s usually a big angle or surprise on the show.

I was thinking an Ibushi heel turn may be on the cards after he lost on both shows.

Early prediction but Okada to win the belt back after winning the New Japan Cup, he’s running with the Olympic torch so I’m sure they’ll want the belt back on him before hand.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

I've found the Night 2 stream on NJPWWorld to be really stuttery. Any tips? 

Yeah, I've found it unwatchable. Super choppy. The Japanese stream is fine, but I'd much rather watch it with English commentary. Hopefully they fix it soon.

EDIT: I ended up just opening two tabs, the Japanese and English streams, synching the timings so I can watch the Japanese video and the English audio.

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Yeah, I've found it unwatchable. Super choppy. The Japanese stream is fine, but I'd much rather watch it with English commentary. Hopefully they fix it soon.

EDIT: I ended up just opening two tabs, the Japanese and English streams, synching the timings so I can watch the Japanese video and the English audio.

I've found a small improvement by tapping High Quality (wasn't aware it wasn't already the HQ stream). Kinda just powering through. 

Nice solution though.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

They got HAMMERED during the live stream even more than expected, by the sound of things, so I think they reduced the framerate in order to make streaming easier and allow more people to watch it. However, it looks like they then uploaded the lower framerate version. 

If it happens again in future, we ended up watching it with Japanese commentary while live, switching to the English version for the in-ring promos, which wasn't terrible.