NJPW World

Sphinx

Kenta’s heel work today was some of the best I’ve seen in wrestling in years, what a prick.

Even got into a spat with a fan whilst making his entrance and then went back to him after his match ending promo to give it a bit more.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Kenta getting the Taichi treatment and loving every second of it was superb.

Is there a less interesting match right now than 3K Vs. The Suzuki-gun scrubs? Pretty sure that feud was done to death last year.

That mist shower in the four way tag was ridiculous even by wrestling standards.

Hated the Taichi DQ though and not in a good way. Total weak sauce.

Man, what a difference a year has made for KENTA. This time last year he was slumming it on the Royal Rumble PreShow looking like he was going for 305 instead of 205, now he’s looking the fucking business going off the air at the Tokyo Dome as the top heel. Clearly WWE wasn’t meant to be, and he’s come back better for it.

Amazing what 12 months and a change of scenery can do for you

FRpAsLH.jpg

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Ever so slightly disapointed that Night 2 couldn't quite live up to the standards of Night 1 as it felt like the weekend climaxed early but with that said, what a brilliant two nights it was! Ibushi/Okada was especially brilliant, every bit as special as Tana/Omega from last year. I'll admit to being a bit gutted that Ibushi lost and I would've prefered Okada to go over Naito but when the wrestling is THAT good then I really can't complain too much.

Oh and Kenta is the man. What a turn around the past year has been for him.

Okada really is fantastic. He had two great matches, partly carrying Naito to a great match, and while losing looks like the man. He's great because of his timing and psychology but also because he has a 'select' set of relatively simple moves. He's perfected all of them, made them all mean something and needs nothing else.

Naito is clearly fucked but it was a great moment to see him win the double title. It feels like a beginning to an end to me though. I can't see him holding it long. It feels like the finish to the story. 

Ibushi is a weird one for me. He's clearly very good, has the sex appeal which, whether people like to admit it or not, is pretty paramount to how NJPW book, but the psychopath act is really hokey. I also wonder if I'd put my eggs in his basket if I had the roster they do. I'd be worried he's going to fuck up his basket one day. 

Glad Suzuki is sticking around. I think Mox is pretty shit to be honest but I'll watch Suzuki clobber anyone.

The only thing I really care about in the junior division is El Desperado. Title match was a fun spectacle though. 

• 3 weeks later...