NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

WK Day 1 is 25 bucks on FiteTV. Are there cheaper options?

New Japan World. It’s like £5 or £6. Works great on a console browser. Can cancel then if you don’t want anymore new japan. Although I’d recommend watching New Year dash. 

I'll go into more detail later with the rest of the predictions, but I think Okada and Naito headlines night two (with Naito finally going over, giving us an LIJ role-call to go off air with them having all the belts) and Ibushi is the guy that takes defeats on both nights. It'll likely change as we draw closer, but at the moment I'm around 70/30 in who's going over with Naito/White. On the other hand, I think Okada going over Ibushi on Night One is all but a given.

• Paid Members

I honestly think it'd be interesting to have Okada take a heavy defeat, actually. I'd have him lose to Ibushi and White, with him becoming utterly focused on winning both belts in 2020 as a result. Gives a lot of meaning to rematches with all 3, in a way none of the other results do.

I don't think there's a chance Okada takes two consecutive defeats, let alone to White, who pinned him last year at Wrestle Kingdom to set up Okada's mini redemption arc of winning the NJC and subsequently gaining the belt back at MSG. Plus, we have no idea how long they plan on keeping the belts together for.

Naito over White, Okada over Ibushi, White over Ibushi and Naito over Okada. Naito/White at New Beginning, Ibushi wins the belt at Dominion, Okada wins the G1. That's what I'm going with at the moment.

• Paid Members

According to Meltzer, Anthem said NJPW could only have TV on AXS if they worked with Impact. NJPW said no. Which I'm finding quite funny.

In the meantime, this appears to have opened the door to some NJPW/AEW conversations, which is really quite exciting (as long as AEW learn to handle explaining who people are when they turn up on TV and don't just expect everyone to recognise NJPW wrestlers). Getting Omega occasionally back in NJPW would be good, as a fan. Be a nice surprise for New Year's Dash too.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, pitseleh said:

What time does the main show start? May watch it if it's not too early. 

Should start at 8am over here. They might open with the Liger retirement match #'1 so it's worth getting up early for, but you can hit the live stream whenever and rewind easily enough.