NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Yeah, I get not having him go out as Kishin Liger, and I hope this means they have something really big planned for Jushin at Kingdom for his final match instead.

Given that Kingdom is a two day event now, though, it would have been cool to have Kishin Liger on night one, and then Jushin Liger on night two. 

Either way, this makes it feel more like a "Retirement Tour", rather than just treading water until his last match, at least.

I saw someone on twitter suggest that Kishin Liger fails against Suzuki, and the road to WK is realising that he can only beat him as Jushin. It'd probably be too complex, but I like the idea that this is all about determining who the 'real' Jushin Liger is.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Unless they’re planning to bust out CTU Liger along the way aswell, not that I particularly want that anyways. Just have a feeling we’re on somewhat of a Liger Greatest Hits tour

I'm not familiar with CTU Liger - based on Wiki, etc, it doesn't sound great. How was it?

18 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Hopefully Umino doesn't go MIA like The Great O-Kharn did.
He's vanished off of the face of the planet by all accounts.

That’s usually what happens once a debut is incoming but yea he’s been missing since March.

Maybe he’s in a dojo somewhere waiting on his debut.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

5 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

That’s usually what happens once a debut is incoming but yea he’s been missing since March.

Maybe he’s in a dojo somewhere waiting on his debut.

He was supposed to be here a lot longer though, apparently - a 6 months is an awfully long time.
I suppose we shall see but there have been no reports or anything since he didnt come back from a few dates in America in February. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Lo, he returneth!
No idea where he's been but O-Kharn returned on Sunday's Cockpit show. 

I done a bit of reading up on the young lions earlier this week as there was rumours that Kawato had to retire due to illness which didn’t end up being the case.

Apparently O-Khan had a family emergency in Japan and just upped and left.

They’ve announced the main event for Night 1 at Wrestle Kingdom which was obviously going to be Kazuchika Okada Vs Kota Ibushi, they’ve also announced Ligers 1st retirement match for night 1, he’ll also have one on night 2.

Okada has said he would like to defend the title on both nights so I assume the main event of night 2 will be the winner of Okada/Ibushi Vs whoever the Intercontinental Champion is in a winner takes all.

Jushin Thunder Luger, Tatsumi Fujinami, Great Sasuke and Tiger Mask W/El Samurai Vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjaro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa and Taguchi W/Kuniaki Kobayashi.

Most of the Power Struggle Card on Sunday November 3rd has also been announced.

IWGP Intercontinental Title

Jay White(c) Vs Hirooki Goto

Never Openweight Title

Kenta(c) Vs Tomohiro Ishii

Tetsuya Naito Vs Taichi

Kazuchika Okada and Yoshi Hashi Vs Kota Ibushi and Hiroshi Tanahashi

Super Jr Tag League Finals.

Edited by TildeGuy~!