NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

I think him vs Suzuki will have the crowd on their toes and will be a hell of a way for Liger to end his career. 

Hope they have the restraint to keep this for Kingdom.

There's so much about Kishin Liger that works that I wonder how much is happy accident and how much is absolute genius. The fact he wears a bodysuit makes it look like Kishin is ripping himself out of Liger's skin. The fact that he's now bald vs Suzuki is great when you compare him to his appearance vs Muta, because it looks like he's actually become a demonic version of his opponent.

5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I saw him for the first time at the UK show. He wasn't awful, but I didn't think he was all that great, and I was shocked to find out he'd been IWGP champ. Belongs nowhere near that belt.

I disagree. He is a brilliant old style heel. His best work is in singles and he has had belters w Naito, Okada, Ibushi and others. He isn't going to be a 'wow' guy because his pacing is methodical and slower. Her reminds me of a young, slimmer HHH in many ways. He draws heat in Japan but it doesn't translate to a western audience for some reason. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I disagree. He is a brilliant old style heel. His best work is in singles and he has had belters w Naito, Okada, Ibushi and others. He isn't going to be a 'wow' guy because his pacing is methodical and slower. Her reminds me of a young, slimmer HHH in many ways. He draws heat in Japan but it doesn't translate to a western audience for some reason. 

Fair enough if you get that from his work, but I just didn't see it. I don't really see it from a puro perspective either. However, I accept I may not have a complete picture of the guy on the basis of a single tag match. Perhaps he was just having an off night.

1 hour ago, deadmaninc said:

Wish NJPW world gets released for the ROKU streaming services hate hearing about these great matches and unable to see them

Whichever device you used to post this message is likely able to stream NJPWWorld through its web browser. Then it’s just a matter of buying the necessary HMDI converter from Amazon and then you can watch on TV :)

Yeah it’s more of a pain in the arse but it’s worth it to not miss out on what is arguably the best in-Ring product going.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

People bust out the same lazy defence for Randy Orton, and he bores the tits off me. It's possible to still have some life and character whilst being 'methodical and slower', and Jay White has proven time and time again to be completely inept at doing so.

4 hours ago, deadmaninc said:

Wish NJPW world gets released for the ROKU streaming services hate hearing about these great matches and unable to see them

There’s an iPhone app you can get to stream it through Roku. Search ‘Roku Player’ in the App Store and it should be the second result. You can then play it through that app’s browser. Playing videos can be a little fiddly though, but it can be done

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, air_raid said:

Hope they have the restraint to keep this for Kingdom.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/09/24/jushin-thunder-liger-vs-minoru-suzuki-added-to-king-of-pro-wrestling/#click=https://t.co/Eh1FGThFJj

Nope, KOPW it is. It seems a waste to me, although seeing Liger finish up at WK as Kishin Liger might have been a weird end, so perhaps that's why they've done it. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, I get not having him go out as Kishin Liger, and I hope this means they have something really big planned for Jushin at Kingdom for his final match instead.

Given that Kingdom is a two day event now, though, it would have been cool to have Kishin Liger on night one, and then Jushin Liger on night two. 

Either way, this makes it feel more like a "Retirement Tour", rather than just treading water until his last match, at least.