NJPW World

Sphinx

Glad everyone who was live had a great time - my viewing experience ended after I gave up with the FITE stream shortly after Naito/White.

Massive cock-up by all parties involved. Cannot, cannot be allowing such shoddy production when you're trying to compete with WWE and AEW. An absolute mess.

Going to be completely honest here and say I didn't enjoy the show that much until the main event, sure it was good and maybe my expectations were too high, but for me it didn't kick into gear until the very end of the penultimate match. I'm also a relative newbie to New Japan so maybe I couldn't appreciate it as much as some of you.

That said, what a superb main event, Okada is just brilliant and Suzuki a hard bastard, that really was as good as I expected it to be. 

Edit - yeah crowd was really good, although I could have done without the two lads next to me talking about fucking Brexit during the ZSJ match.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Edit - yeah crowd was really good, although I could have done with the two lads next to me talking about fucking Brexit during the ZSJ match like.

He has been very vocal about Brexit and Boris Johnson, so it may not have been as weird a link as it may have seemed. I thought the Brexit chants were funny.

Really enjoyed the show - KENTA vs Ibushii was great too, although someone suggested KENTA got knocked silly. I thought he was just selling but may be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Chris B said:

He has been very vocal about Brexit and Boris Johnson, so it may not have been as weird a link as it may have seemed. I thought the Brexit chants were funny.

Really enjoyed the show - KENTA vs Ibushii was great too, although someone suggested KENTA got knocked silly. I thought he was just selling but may be wrong. 

Oh don't get me wrong I think the chants were great, just these guys had a whole debate over it completely ignoring the match which I thought was quite weird!