NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

So by the sounds of it, during the Aussie Open vs Samuels and Bodom match last weekend to see who would face GOD there was a botched finish which while the result was correct was done at the wrong time. 

Post match Samuels slammed the ref not sure what else happened after that as I haven't seen the footage. 

Ref has come out in the last 2 hours to state that none of that was planned and that Samuels has quite badly injured his neck and shoulder and left him unable to referee wrestling or his full time paid job as a football referee, that Rev Pro have yet to pay him for working the show and at 21 he's now been left without being able to work. 

Nobodys made a statement about all of it from the Rev Pro or Samuels side but Sha had been playing it up all week on his mug of the week thing he does on Twitter. 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

So by the sounds of it, during the Aussie Open vs Samuels and Bodom match last weekend to see who would face GOD there was a botched finish which while the result was correct was done at the wrong time. 

Post match Samuels slammed the ref not sure what else happened after that as I haven't seen the footage. 

Ref has come out in the last 2 hours to state that none of that was planned and that Samuels has quite badly injured his neck and shoulder and left him unable to referee wrestling or his full time paid job as a football referee, that Rev Pro have yet to pay him for working the show and at 21 he's now been left without being able to work. 

Nobodys made a statement about all of it from the Rev Pro or Samuels side but Sha had been playing it up all week on his mug of the week thing he does on Twitter. 

From all the live reports, Josh Bodom battered the ref as well. As in he actually really laid into the guy legitimately. I wonder if they're turning this all into a work or if the ref's injury and situation are real. 

• Paid Members

He said something happened on the outside but he doesn't remember much of it as it was all quite a blur. That sounds like what may have happened then.

Doesn't look like a work, refs put up his personal Paypal asking if anyone is able to help donate any money to him while he can't work. 

He has now tweeted that since his tweet about not being paid that they've come forward and sorted out his payment so he's removed that tweet as part of an agreement with them. 

But most the messages are coming more from people who seem like friends rather than this being a work. 

On 12/2/2014 at 1:30 PM, seanz25 said:

Stupid question probably but I take it there's no English commentary on anything? One thing I've found has limited me from getting into the product, hence being excited about the potential AXS TV deal...

Most shows from late 2015 until now have English commentary. Pre-2015 its all Japanese and whilst they have added English content old matches it seems most are just introductions to the history of the feud. Japanese commentary has always put me off but its well worth going for even just for 2016 onward. The English commentary is generally reasonable esp with Kevin Kelly. 

I heard about the josh and sha situation last week on a podcast and it sounded bad but obviously not much else had come out at that point....

With the ref finally speaking out about it and it turning out to mean he has to retire because they seriously injured him is now a complete different situation from the initial situation of them being dicks and shooting on a untrained ref... firstly rev pro have come out looking unbelievably bad and unprofessional as they have STILL  not made a statement regarding it.... 

The main thing now is no matter how anyone looks at this, both wrestlers deserve nothing less than to be fired from rev pro just as a kick off, yes this is pro wrestling a physical contact sport...however what they did is straight up assault there is no 2 ways about it and this situation has now become extremely serious as someone has now had to retire from his job and will be loosing money and because of the injury will obviously now have to make alot of changes to his life because of it.

There is no other industry where if something goes wrong you can get away with beating the shit out of someone because of it. If you work in an office and something goes wrong and Your wages don't go in for whatever reason you don't head up to the office of the accounts manager and proceed to beat the fuck out of him....

Im well aware that no matter how disgusting this is and how those 2 fully grown men are no arguments about it are wrong and should have serious reproductions to this in the end, there will still be people out there who will try to say it's acceptable or its pro wrestling shit happens but at the end of the day the end result for someone now is having to retire from a industry he has worked his arse of for many years to be able to be in the position he was in

you can’t fire someone when they are booked show to show. you also don’t scoop slam someone to batter then, injuries from all accounts on the night come from Bodom so don’t think the blames on sha here , Bodom only seems to do revpro as his attitude is said to be awful, so that’s where I see any blame landing 

• Paid Members

Yeah I think I probably put Sha in the firing line here more as I hadn't heard the Bodom part until a few of you commented. 

The shoulder and neck thing and also there's a still photo of how the ref is landing and it looks like that may have been what did that damage but yeah Bodom dragging a guy around hitting him definitely isn't helping either. 

1 minute ago, Louch said:

you can’t fire someone when they are booked show to show. you also don’t scoop slam someone to batter then, injuries from all accounts on the night come from Bodom so don’t think the blames on sha here , Bodom only seems to do revpro as his attitude is said to be awful, so that’s where I see any blame landing 

If the situation is your scoop slamming a WRESTLER then yes your right that's not a problem however dude he did that to an untrained and unexpecting referee In anger because mistakes sometimes happen and unfortunately the ref made a mistake meaning the match got cut 5 minutes short....also sha and josh weren't winning so it's not like the mistake resulted in them loosing a match they were supposed to win. 

Both men are too blame dude no questions asked...

If a ref isn’t trained to bump, he shouldn’t be reffing. It comes with the job, and Sha has done what the experienced hand would be expected to do when there is a miscue In a match. The actual battering after that was unacceptable 

Are Sha and Bodom in the wrong? Yeah

Is the Ref milking it? Maybe 

He’s claimed he had to quit his job as a football referee due to this and is now asking for PayPal donations, with no proof of said injuries, he refs kids games on the weekends for £30 a pop.

As Louch said he clearly isn’t trained to bump which all refs should be, I see this more as mental more then physical.

Edited by TildeGuy~!