NJPW World

Sphinx

what time is new year dash tonight UK time?. I think I am hooked on NJPW. Never watch before but wow are those guys amazing. How do they know what they are going to do without talking to each other. It just felt that the event meant so much more. The hype the matches everything. New fan for sure here.

4 minutes ago, scouseman said:

what time is new year dash tonight UK time?. I think I am hooked on NJPW. Never watch before but wow are those guys amazing. How do they know what they are going to do without talking to each other. It just felt that the event meant so much more. The hype the matches everything. New fan for sure here.

It’ll be on at 9:30am tomorrow 

Just finished Night Two, and thought it was...good, but not excellent. A step down from Night One, truth be told.

Liger's match was fun. Spending the whole match building to a Sano hot tag wouldn't have been how I'd have structured a match, but fuck it, Liger's gonna Liger. He was always going to do the job on his way out. Fitting ending to pass the torch to the new ace of the Juniors in Hiromu. The Junior tag match was okay. ELP/Ishimori are fairly uninspiring, and Roppongi 3K just feel like they've been spinning their wheels for the past year. Not sure it's all their fault though, they've got fuck all to work with in that division 99% of the time. It was just okay. Sabre vs SANADA was one of their better matches, but again, SANADA is someone that really needs a productive year. He needs to keep the fuck away from Okada as well. Thought Moxley/Juice was shit, to be honest. A real comedown from the Archer/Moxley the night before. Really weird to have Juice in this position, and could be a head scratcher to keep the belt on Mox if he's still unable to work American dates, where you'd presume he'd be a big draw. 

Goto vs KENTA was kind of underwhelming, and in hindsight a weird booking choice. White vs Ibushi was a really poor usage of Ibushi. I get that you need something for them to both do, but the idea of a "losers" match just feels off to me. Something that WWE would cobble together to provide an excuse for something happening.  Loved Tanahashi vs Jericho though, two fantastic workers.

Okada/Naito was weird. It was a great match, with a satisfying ending, but I was nowhere near as into it as I was for the same match at Wrestle Kingdom 12. Maybe it's because Naito's had a really flat year, or maybe because Ibushi's performance on the first night was so good, but it just wasn't grabbing me the way I would've expected. The post-match stuff was bollocks, too. Sure, you need to set up a challenger, but closing your biggest show of the year with KENTA sending your newly crowned champion battered to the back? Fucking odd stuff. It would be like if Bryan won the belt at Wrestlemania 30 and his celebration ended with Kane coming out and beating him up. Absolutely no reason they couldn't have done that on NYD.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, scouseman said:

How do they know what they are going to do without talking to each other. 

To be fair, there was an unfortunate moment where the camera zoomed in at Okada and Naito lying next to one another and everyone in the Dome looking at the big screen saw Okada's mouth magnified to around 100 feet as he was having a quick chat.

Finished night 2, LIJ are shite pals that no one was out to celebrate with Naito. But Kenta ruining it was perfect for his character as new japan wrestlers and fans seem to hate him. Will make the first defence super heated 

Bit of a nothing show The Dash but sets up possible New Beginning Matches of

Tetsuya Naito Vs Kenta

FinJuice Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi

Hirooki Goto Vs Shingo Takagi

Zack Sabre Jr Vs Will Ospreay 

Kazuchika Okada Vs Taichi

Roppongi 3K Vs El Desperado and Kanemaru

Tomohiro Ishii Vs Evil

Jay White Vs Sanada

Jon Moxley Vs Minoru Suzuki