The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

You just get the feeling that they're going to drag this Edge/Orton feud out all year. Or at least until they have an actual arena full of fans to appreciate it. Edge must be fucking gutted, talk about shit timing for a big comeback.

2 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Here's the funny bit, if anyone's interested. You've got to stick until Charly's line at the end:

Tone deaf, these people. One of the most unintentionally funny things in years. 

The funny thing is, it potentially could reach those heights. Both men are dialed in with this intense feud and the last time they had a straight up singles match on a PPV, they absolutely smashed it in a classic (Vengeance 2004). But fucking hell, let the work speak for itself, such a weird phrase to hype things. It's set the bar unbelievably high when it didn't need to be.

A more effective story, given the promo Orton gave, would be to focus on Edge potentially not being that great at a straight-up wrestling match. Sure, he was able to brawl and fight better at Wrestlemania, but tell the story of Edge doubting himself a little, does he have the skill and athleticism that he once had?

• Paid Members

It's a pity they went with Edge and Orton during this phase. Especially as they blew their load with the big grudge match, which you have to do, so now a greco roman classic sounds ludicrous. Given Mania was a complete bust, they could have kept Edge off it. had him cut promos about Orton robbing him of his big return and his "WrestleMania" moment. Then right when he comes back, run the draft and split them up. Get the Smackers title on Orton later in the year and then have Edge win next year's Rumble to bring it full circle.

16 minutes ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

The funny thing is, it potentially could reach those heights.

"Alexa, play Vince McMahon's Theme Song"

20 minutes ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

A more effective story, given the promo Orton gave, would be to focus on Edge potentially not being that great at a straight-up wrestling match. Sure, he was able to brawl and fight better at Wrestlemania, but tell the story of Edge doubting himself a little, does he have the skill and athleticism that he once had?

That is the story, that’s why the announcer’s line was so odd (as well as being Schiavone-esque bollocks).

Surely they’ve had singles matches on PPV since 2004, though? They were feuding in 2010 for a while.

2 hours ago, Perry said:

You just get the feeling that they're going to drag this Edge/Orton feud out all year.

They best do, and at this rate they'll be able to build it out until Summerslam 2021. 

The split second of Orton's reaction after that last line was funnier than anything WWE have done in 5 years. 

2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

That is the story, that’s why the announcer’s line was so odd (as well as being Schiavone-esque bollocks).

Surely they’ve had singles matches on PPV since 2004, though? They were feuding in 2010 for a while.

Yeah there was that one where Orton fucked his own wrist up pounding the mat and they had to end the match on the fly.

11 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Ah yeah, I might have that wrong, I drifted away from wrestling between 2009-2012 and have only watched the big events like Rumble, Mania, Summerslam. Tried to watch Raw/Smackdown and B PPVs from that period and I can't, it's just so dull.

But that Vengeance 2004 match is a bit of a hidden gem IMO, as good as anything all year- besides Eddie/Brock and the Benoit/HHH/HBK triple threats.

8 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Didn't take long for Asuka's "I'm so wacky" gimmick to go from somewhat entertaining to completely unwatchable.

Never in a million years did I think that I would type Asuka and unwatchable in the same sentence.

This feeling has slowly crept up on me last few weeks or so. Maybe it's the lack of audience that's highlighted this. She's strayed into that territory where you'd be embarrassed to be watching her on screen if a non wrestling fan was in the room.