The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Depending how long they’ve known about Becky’s pregnancy, I think they’ve missed a trick by not turning her vacating the belt into something to fill the TV time and have something for Backlash.

Have a tournament to crown the new champion but give Asuka, as the MITB briefcase holder, a couple of options. Either she “cashes in” and goes straight to the final, having already won her shot at MITB. If she decides to do that, stage an 8 woman tournament featuring the other 5 from the MITB match along with Alexa and Nikki as they’re the reigning Women’s Tag Team Champions, and Charlotte as they’ve spent years making her the top female.

Stick Alexa and Nikki at opposite ends of the bracket, teasing a face off between the two, only for Nikki to go out before Alexa which can factor into a future breakup angle between them where you turn Alexa heel bragging about how she was the stronger of the team, maybe even throw Nikki through a barber shop window.

Charlotte, being reigning NXT Champion, still a RAW roster member and the top female of the last few years, wins the tournament and you have her face Asuka at Backlash for the vacant title with Asuka winning.

or

Asuka decides to save her MITB cash in for a later date and is left out of the tournament, which then becomes a standard 8 women tournament to crown the new champion, put the belt on Shayna Bayzler and establish her as the top heel

...or just put the belt on Asuka with nothing on the horizon and realise that we probably put more thought into these things than they do.

I wouldn't mind a scenario where Asuka wins the belt anyway (e.g. enters herself into the tournament) but still has the briefcase, she could either lose the final and then cashes in to give her a second chance or could win the title and have the case as a lifeline/get out of jail card where she could lose the title in a few months after a hot run as a heel, then cash in right away and win it back. 

Edited by Briefcase

I like how the Becky segment played out. A nice, genuine moment on a show that feels more fake then ever. Becky giving Asuka the babyface rub in a different, but very real way, that felt a hundred times more effective than laying down for a pin ever could. Lovely end to her run. I'll miss her like hell.

Becky's pregnancy seems to have refuelled Shayna Baszler too, who this week seems to have gone from being a complete bust to the greatest heel in the company again. Some killer barbs she had there, so much better than the awkward goth poetry reading she was doing before.

I can't get into the matches but skipping around this show for the skits and promos was amusing to say the least. It seems like their response to falling ratings is to pump up the wacky and be even more of a silly kids/stoner show. And I can dig that! Baszler playing Nelson Muntz, The Vikings destroying at basketball, frazzeled Seth Rollins and his pot belly(!), Rey Mysterio explaining how he thought he was dead when he got lobbed off the roof, until he realised he'd landed on a second roof . . . All got laughs. They left the best til last, though. The Edge and Orton thing was hilarious, over-egged, and such a typically WWE response to the LMS match getting so thoroughly shat on. When Charly Caruso stepped up in between them with a serious face and delivered THAT line, it fucking floored me. "This may well be the greatest wrestling match ever". Randy and Edge kinda flinching, trying to hide their shock. Priceless.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

I know it's unlikely as it ended the show but is there any chance that line was a rib? 

Again it's massively unlikely but the way they both reacted when she said it you could imagine Vince or Hunter putting it in for a laugh

Much more likely though that she probably just left out a few words, 'one of the greatest matches ever' or something like that 

It feels like they might be trying to keep some of the bigger Mania feuds going a bit longer so that they can do the matches in front of crowds, what with Edge/Orton continuing and them teasing Styles/Taker, which I'm not completely against considering we didn't get proper matches.

Maybe they're hoping they can convince a state to let them have a crowd at Summerslam, although that is surely a stretch.

Apparently CM Punk thinks they missed a big opportunity to turn Asuka heel by not having her spit the green mist in Becky’s face during their segment

Spitting in a pregnant woman’s face during a pandemic, I’m sure that would’ve gone down well.

1 hour ago, Pogue said:

I know it's unlikely as it ended the show but is there any chance that line was a rib? 

Again it's massively unlikely but the way they both reacted when she said it you could imagine Vince or Hunter putting it in for a laugh

Much more likely though that she probably just left out a few words, 'one of the greatest matches ever' or something like that 

I reckon they thought it needed that extra stamp of hard sell as a PPV main event. I hope they just stick with it now and keep billing it as the greatest wrestling match ever, rather than pretending it never happened.

Rated RKO would actually be a safe bet once their program is over as it'd reduce the risk of Edge's neck playing up or Orton's shoulders/collarbone/wrists/whatever else he's done in getting more knackered 

Edited by Pogue
Stella induced fantasy booking bollocks

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Apparently CM Punk thinks they missed a big opportunity to turn Asuka heel by not having her spit the green mist in Becky’s face during their segment

Spitting in a pregnant woman’s face during a pandemic, I’m sure that would’ve gone down well.

I thought Asuka was already a heel. 

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I thought Asuka was already a heel. 

I don’t think she is anymore. She beat heel Ruby Riott to qualify for Money in the Bank, her tag partner’s been feuding with heel Nia Jax, and the title change scene with Becky seemed to solidify her as the new top babyface woman on Raw. There isn’t really anyone else for that spot at the moment.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I had actually wondered why she'd stopped doing the mist, can't believe I didn't put two and two together and get that.