The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I mentioned it half in jest last week but surely its going to be a finger poke of doom type deal, though them hugging would be a bit dodgy with the risk of Coronavirus/Edge's head rolling off his shoulders 

• Paid Members

Part of me genuinely sees them throwing everything at this, filming it in numerous takes, camera angles, smoke and mirrors the works. Like we're gonna get to them saying it's time for the main event and the screen will close in as we start an hour long cinematic montage essentially. 

It's either that or the cameras will cut out unexpectedly and 20 minutes later we return to both men lying in the ring, the entire roster out applauding 2 metres apart chanting "fight forever" and Samoa Joe announcing his in ring retirement because he'll never be able to match the best match ever. It'll be like that one episode of Itchy and Scratchy where they kill Itchy but it'll never be shown again but we don't get to see it. 

It's the emphasis on the word "wrestling" that concerns me. With how Vince feels about that word, even if it has been used more liberally in recent years it really does feel like it is a set up for something i'm just not sure what direction they are going to take it in although if it is just a huge finger up to Meltzer I can get onboard with that. Throw in ridiculous moves and flips using wires, trampolines etc but make them completely obvious, have stunt doubles that look nothing like Edge and Orton and huge bumps being done by mannequins wearing their ring gear. Yeah it would kill the feud dead, if it is really alive now but bat shit mental stuff is all I'm enjoying these days anyway.

• Paid Members

I'm hoping it's basically the angle they did with Flair and Foley, where Foley said that he would prove himself as not just a hardcore guy against Flair, and beat him in a traditional wrestling match, and then just clobbered him with a chair almost immediately.

According to various websites, developmental wrestlers will be sitting in the 'crowd' on tonight's Raw.  Hopefully that will help give a bit of atmosphere and improve the shows a bit.  I haven't watched any AEW since they stopped having crowds, but I think I read that's what they've been doing and it's made a big difference.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Dart said:

According to various websites, developmental wrestlers will be sitting in the 'crowd' on tonight's Raw.  Hopefully that will help give a bit of atmosphere and improve the shows a bit.  I haven't watched any AEW since they stopped having crowds, but I think I read that's what they've been doing and it's made a big difference.

The way AEW does it is incredibly natural, fun and adds a lot to the shows. This will probably not be the way that WWE does it.