The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I'm not a fan of Nia Jax at all and think she should've been potted ages ago but don't really see how that's all her fault, surely Sane is more at fault for not getting her hands up?

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Pogue said:

I'm not a fan of Nia Jax at all and think she should've been potted ages ago but don't really see how that's all her fault, surely Sane is more at fault for not getting her hands up?

It looked like Nia threw her at the steps rather then Kairi launching herself and not taking the bump

• Paid Members

I saw one of the news sites (maybe even Wrestle talk on YouTube) had mentioned Kairi has took as much of the blame for herself, that she wanted the bump to look better and that she didn't get her hands up in time. 

Not sure if that's just a case of not wanting to put the blame on Nia again but yeah. 

Kairi Sane and Nia Jax are a car crash pairing. Every time I've seen Kairi Sane it looks like she's working to a completely different rhythm than her opponents, and not in a good way, in a "match feels on the brink of falling apart" kinda way. I'm not sure if she's ever adjusted to the WWE style. Putting her with reckless Nia Jax seems like a recipe for disaster.

As for Raw, it's mostly shit from what I watched, but Orton saying "I've phoned it in and half-arsed it for 20 years and still accomplished more than Edge ever has", was amazing.

3 hours ago, Pogue said:

There are thousands of wrestling fans with anime profile pictures on Twitter. Nothing is ever going to be Kairi Sane’s fault, especially when the alternative culprit for her latest injury is an Internet Naughty like Nia Jax or Charlotte Flair. At least this time dey aren’t writing deir own fapfiction about Kairi screaming for real life help before the bump. 😂

Both wrestlers are shite. The worst part is when Nia Jax talks. Her voice gives me terrible anxiety.

Overall, Raw just comes off very flat and unexciting. No momentum to anything. Most of it isn’t terrible, but it’s nowhere near must see. That said, I do consider Edge vs Orton at Backlash a must-see match because of the ridiculous billing. I know I’m setting myself up for a letdown, but I’m really hoping for something mad to happen.

Everything involving Zelina Vega’s group feels like filler content to me. They’re all great, but they’ve been all over Raw since WrestleMania. Apollo Crews hasn’t shaken off the last four years for me either, so feuding with him only solidifies Andrade and Garza as filler in my eyes. And Kevin Owens getting involved lowers his stock greatly to me. The last few weeks with them have all felt fairly logical, just so bland.

I’m quite enjoying the McIntyre vs Lashley rivalry. Two beasts that should have a belter of a hoss fight. I’m not into the MVP/Lana drama though. 

I am really liking the Iiconics return. Her match on this show made me think Billie Kay would’ve been great for the divas era.

The highlight of the night for me was Asuka singing her entrance music as she walked away from her interview. Edge & Christian playing wrestler themes on the kazoo at the birthday party is one of my fondest memories of wrestling, and Asuka singing her theme tickled me the same way.

• Paid Members

We left the subtitles on yesterday after watching a different TV show. Then, when fast-forwarding through Raw this morning, I discovered that the live showing I’d Sky Plus’d last night also had subtitles! 

Is technology advanced enough now that this can be done automatically? Or is there some poor bastard out there that has to watch this show live and transcribe these stupid promos with all the weird language?