The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

4 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Kairi Sane and Nia Jax are a car crash pairing. Every time I've seen Kairi Sane it looks like she's working to a completely different rhythm than her opponents, and not in a good way, in a "match feels on the brink of falling apart" kinda way. I'm not sure if she's ever adjusted to the WWE style. Putting her with reckless Nia Jax seems like a recipe for disaster.

As for Raw, it's mostly shit from what I watched, but Orton saying "I've phoned it in and half-arsed it for 20 years and still accomplished more than Edge ever has", was amazing.

Yeah even as far back as NXT I've felt that Kairi has struggled to adapt. She started wrestling late (by Joshi standards) and rarely wrestled outside of Stardom as far as I'm aware.

No surprise that her best matches imo were against Shayna who has experience working in Stardom.

Asuka and Io on the other hand had years of experience wrestling all over.

19 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

She probably doesn't think you're much of an oil painting yourself.

Au contraire. She very much appreciates my botoxed face and trout pout. So much so that she commissioned an oil painting of me. Get yer facts straight smart arse.

3 hours ago, KingofSports said:

Au contraire. She very much appreciates my botoxed face and trout pout. So much so that she commissioned an oil painting of me. Get yer facts straight smart arse.

Imagine still being a prick about women’s looks after everything that’s happened the last few weeks.

Looks like senile era old Raw again.

Two years of shite with Bobby Lashley - obstacle courses, 'sisters', Baron Corbin lackey, bending over and slapping his arse for some reason... and finally he looked set to become a legit contender. But aayy! Better slip Lana back in there before people start taking him seriously. And make sure he pisses about with comedy goofs. MVP's great and could play a money role as a mouthpiece and a manager, just not sure why they're working with the Viking Raiders of all people. Where are all the tag teams anyway? I quite liked the Cedric/Ricochet team and the Thorn and Vink guys could have filled the ranks.

They've really taken the one joke they had in those Raiders/Street Profits skits and driven it into the ground haven't they? Good lord.

Amazing that they couldn't even get through 24 hours before inserting Stephanie McMa... I mean Charlotte Flair back into another title picture. Asuka has had a great six months, felt on the cusp of getting back some of the aura she once had. So of course Charlotte was gonna drop in there and kill it off for the third year straight. With the way they're framing it, normally you'd think that they're setting up Asuka to overcome Charlotte when the title's on the line, but nothing ever plays out or makes any sense with Flair's booking.

Fuck knows why they even bothered calling up Belair and Baszler. They should just send Bianca to Smackdown where she might actually get decently booked.

On the bright side, The Rey feud is some of the better work Rollins has done since being heel. Him being unhinged and violent is watchable and talking to Rey through the commentary booth was fresh and not boring like his monotone promos that drag forever. Black jumping him from out of nowhere was a tremendous spot. Not sure why the story with Rey is always "he's knackered and should retire" instead of just booking him like a star, but Dominic ditching him to join The Messiah could all be worth it. Black still isn't clicking as a character yet, but he's a bright spot on these empty arena shows whenever I see him. His pace and snugness really pops off the screen.

I love Drew. It's redundant to say it but fuck, imagine if there were crowds roaring behind him. It sucks because he's pulling it off and they're getting him right. So right in fact, they must be fully aware of how they book the other babyfaces like chumps. I really enjoyed Bayley too. Seems like she's found her feet as a heel.

That Peep show segment was a bit of an emotional roller coaster. When Christian started it off by lambasting Edge by saying what we were all thinking, I thought they were gonna retcon the whole 'greatest match ever' thing, switch gears, get serious and let them save face. But, hilariously, by the end of the segment it felt like they'd doubled down on it and put even more pressure on themselves to deliver - what with Edge's sad puppy face and the talk of his mum watching indoors. I was convinced that the match was going to be a swerve, with Orton blasting him in the nuts 3 minutes in for HEAT or something. But nope, a proper, lengthy, sincere attempt at the greatest match ever has already been shot if Meltzer's to be believed. Brilliant.

I bloody love Charlotte Flair personally. Easily my favourite wrestler in years. Really enjoy watching her matches and she is one of the few wrestlers that actually feels like a star. She does have an aura about her that so many wrestlers nowadays lack. 

So in conclusion, I suppose more people should wear robes 

I'm still getting the feeling this "Greatest Wrestling Match Ever" is going to be some kind of cinematic heavily edited effort. I mean Mania had the Boneyard and Funhouse matches, Money in the Bank had that weird ladder match, then Takeover had the Backlot Brawl. Them doing the whole thing like it's an epic movie scene (thinking Rocky meets The Wrestler), with flashbacks edited in, seems like something they'd give that tag to. I mean they could put on the the best match ever, but with no crowd it will always fall short given how much a crowd makes a moment. So the movie approach means they can create something unique and dramatic. I mean i could be way off the mark too, i just get the feeling its not going to be a straight up match given how strongly they've pushed the naming of it.