The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

19 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Surely they’ve had singles matches on PPV since 2004, though? They were feuding in 2010 for a while.

I remember one in 2010 or so, it ended in a double count out.

You would think there would be more but apart from that one and the one in 2004 I can't recall any. 

They have probably faced each other on Raw a hundred times though.

• Paid Members

They've had 9 singles matches on TV that I can find. 3 on PPV (2004, 2010 and 2020) and the others on Raw in 2004 (x3), 2007 and 2010 (x2). One of the Raw matches in 2010 was pretty much an angle more than a match too. 5 Edge wins, 3 Orton wins (one by DQ) and 1 draw.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Was always going to happen. I wonder if they will release a version with the correct spelling on euro shop for all the divs over here who will buy it. 

They don't need to change the spelling for the Black Country fanbase!

I remember the heel vs heel Edge/Orton match from Raw in 07 (one week after the hour-long Cena vs HBK match) being a cracker. Not watched it since, though.

2 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

(one week after the hour-long Cena vs HBK match)

Still my favourite crowd I've ever been a part of.

What I'd give to be a part of such a hot WWE crowd again. Times change. Although the NJPW crowd were fantastic in London last year.

Orton is an odd one, he's been around for 18yrs but apart from Cena/HHH hasn't really had a ton of matches against same guys or maybe I'm forgetting them? Him vs Reigns, Rollins, are still pretty fresh (which is good for wwe) and even vs Taker, Rey and few others doesn't seem overdone.

27 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Orton is an odd one, he's been around for 18yrs but apart from Cena/HHH hasn't really had a ton of matches against same guys or maybe I'm forgetting them? Him vs Reigns, Rollins, are still pretty fresh (which is good for wwe) and even vs Taker, Rey and few others doesn't seem overdone.

A lot of his work is forgettable. He has been on top form in this Edge feud, though. Fantastic job at selling the normal match as a logical next step from the gimmick match.

Depending how long they’ve known about Becky’s pregnancy, I think they’ve missed a trick by not turning her vacating the belt into something to fill the TV time and have something for Backlash.

Have a tournament to crown the new champion but give Asuka, as the MITB briefcase holder, a couple of options. Either she “cashes in” and goes straight to the final, having already won her shot at MITB. If she decides to do that, stage an 8 woman tournament featuring the other 5 from the MITB match along with Alexa and Nikki as they’re the reigning Women’s Tag Team Champions, and Charlotte as they’ve spent years making her the top female.

Stick Alexa and Nikki at opposite ends of the bracket, teasing a face off between the two, only for Nikki to go out before Alexa which can factor into a future breakup angle between them where you turn Alexa heel bragging about how she was the stronger of the team, maybe even throw Nikki through a barber shop window.

Charlotte, being reigning NXT Champion, still a RAW roster member and the top female of the last few years, wins the tournament and you have her face Asuka at Backlash for the vacant title with Asuka winning.

or

Asuka decides to save her MITB cash in for a later date and is left out of the tournament, which then becomes a standard 8 women tournament to crown the new champion, put the belt on Shayna Bayzler and establish her as the top heel

...or just put the belt on Asuka with nothing on the horizon and realise that we probably put more thought into these things than they do.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

They've just announced a Tournament for Smackdown to crown a new IC Champion though

Running tournaments on both shows will lead to "have they run out of ideas" or "same thing on both shows, how lazy" comments from people.

An Intercontinental tournament is an easier option then having to fill a tournament with people from other shows to make up the numbers as the womens title would be if including Bliss and Cross.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

So do we know why Sami 'vacated'? He was working previous no-crowd shows. Injury? Leaving?

Difficulty traveling from Canada, I think