The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I thought Randy's promo was riveting, one of his best ever, shame they dropped that goofy line on it immediately, no wonder he doesn't normally bother. Doing the inverse of a normal build to a big payoff in a standard match is a cool idea that worked really well.

Shayna slagging off the baby and Peyton Royce acting unimpressed because she used to be a baby herself cracked me up. I hope Corbin asks Asuka why she cost him the MITB match at some point while he's over on Raw, he could be women's champion now or something.

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

I'm really intrigued as to wwhqt Vince thought of Becky getting pregnant. Given his attitude to women's wrestling over the years and his overall less than PC stance historically. His biggest female draw being out for at least a year for something she likely planned may not go down well. I guess Steph and HHH can placate him a bit but I can't see him liking his big female star going away. Good luck to her I say... I had a baby w my wife recently... Its hellish. 

• Paid Members

I'd imagine there'll be money thrown at RR once things settle down a bit and he can build the rematch. Assuming Becky isn't done completely. 

7 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

I'm really intrigued as to wwhqt Vince thought of Becky getting pregnant. Given his attitude to women's wrestling over the years and his overall less than PC stance historically. His biggest female draw being out for at least a year for something she likely planned may not go down well. I guess Steph and HHH can placate him a bit but I can't see him liking his big female star going away. Good luck to her I say... I had a baby w my wife recently... Its hellish. 

Honestly I think a break is the best thing for her anyway. Its not like she's leaving at the height of her popularity. They got the best out of her.

7 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

It wouldn't surprise me with things on the downturn and no live show business etc that having a talent go off an only be on their downside for a while is a bit of a relief for now (ignoring how much cash they allegedly have). I doubt having Roman, Brock, Becky or anyone would really move the needle at the moment. Even the Rock appearing I don't think would do much. 

I'm surprised Vince hasn't gone 2/3 falls match or even iron man match crazy already just to fill time. 

Hopefully Lynch makes the movies work for her. It's the same situation as Big Dave. As soon as I get the sense someone's a genuinely lovely person, and they have a shot at making it big away from this racket, I'm all for that. WWE's chances of driving her into the ground with their million hours of content is so high that there's a good chance her not coming back - at least not on a full time basis - is the best thing for her legacy. She held the title up at the end of a WrestleMania. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Good luck to her I say... I had a baby w my wife recently... Its hellish. 

Good to hear you're thinking of them though.

I only read a brief summary of the results, but have they really branded an upcoming Edge/Orton match as the potential ‘GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH EVER’?

Either they have some seriousness hokiness planned to backdoor their way out of that, or they have handicapped the poor pricks from the start.

Like me going on a first date and someone telling the poor lass that I have the ‘HUGEST WANG EVER’. I’m incapable of meeting that claim, and wouldn’t know where to start.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I only read a brief summary of the results, but have they really branded an upcoming Edge/Orton match as the potential ‘GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH EVER’?

Either they have some seriousness hokiness planned to backdoor their way out of that, or they have handicapped the poor pricks from the start.

Like me going on a first date and someone telling the poor lass that I have the ‘HUGEST WANG EVER’. I’m incapable of meeting that claim, and wouldn’t know where to start.

Yep. They used last weeks closing line in the first sentence of this weeks.I finally gave up this week. Watched the opening segment up to Humberto's exchange and went to bed and this morning skipped watching the rest and went back to results. Never been less bothered

Complete nothing show but I loved the axe throwing contest tbh. It's a shame it's taken a pandemic to start doing these type of skits again because it's such a refresher from matches, matches, matches, and some of these acts would be so much more over if they bothered. There's different levels of course -The Vikings Raiders doing carpool karaoke was shit and pointless. But this was dumb fun that made them semi-relatable. Also hit the right tone for the Street Prophets, who were genuinely funny with their side looks and baffled reactions.

Seth and his ministry on the other hand is drawn out WWE melodrama at its most unbearable. I'll never get why they make this guy talk so much.

• Paid Members

This latest attempt at fucking around with the brand split - is 4 times per person per year or 4 times per brand per year? Will the endless run-ins that make up 85% of TV time in November count towards that total?

1 hour ago, Statto said:

This latest attempt at fucking around with the brand split - is 4 times per person per year or 4 times per brand per year? Will the endless run-ins that make up 85% of TV time in November count towards that total?

It’s whatever the want it to be at any particular time. Or it’s something different. It’s the same every time. Why they insist on these rules they will never follow is bizarre. Who could possibly give a fuck. Just say people can move between brands sometimes instead of these shite rules that get dropped within weeks anyway  

I hate the usual breaking the rules of the brand split bollocks, but considering the current situation, I'm all for it this time. All the rosters have been limited during Covid-19, so I'm willing to give WWE leeway on this one.

Also if it means supporting Mcintyre by having him dominate the Smackdown upper midcard like Corbin, I'm all for that.