The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Supremo said:

I think the idea is live close captioning so people with hearing problems can still attend and follow the shows. It actually seems like quite a progressive idea. I’ve no idea, do other live forms of entertainment use it?

I don’t know if it’s commonplace, but they do it in the stadium at Alabama college football games - the stadium announcer is closed captioned, as are all the videos shown on the screens. There are dedicated CC screens for it, which I’m pretty sure is what is going on in that photo.

Edited by Statto
Correction.

• Paid Members

I thought that was a good Raw on the whole. I skipped all the parts that I expected to be bad, which seem to be what most of the talk has been about after the show (The Bella's match, the charity carry on with well known babyface Stephanie McMahon. . .) However the main stuff of what I didn't fast forward, was good. A show long storyline that resulted in intrigue being added to the six man in Australia gets a big plus from me for adding a bit of drama and soap opera and uncertainty to what might happen. It's much better than if one of Drew/Ambrose just turns out of the blue.

That McIntyre/Ziggler tag match with The Revival was way better than I expected it to be. I was thinking it'd be an extended squash but what a lovely match it turned out to be! Those double team moves were like music to the soul. Great stuff. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

That McIntyre/Ziggler tag match with The Revival was way better than I expected it to be. I was thinking it'd be an extended squash but what a lovely match it turned out to be! Those double team moves were like music to the soul. Great stuff. 

The Observer heard that Vince was really high on the match. Let's hope this is a renewed push for Revival. 

As if the Brie botch wasn’t bad enough by itself now we have legions of neckbeards on Twitter rushing to defend her.

Its wrestling and accidents happen, I get it but it was hardly a fucking moonsault to the outside or a piledrive or some mad table spot... just basic kicks to the chest, bloody rookie stuff and she goes and knocks somebody out! Jesus Christ.

Edited by Love-Wilcox

4 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

did anyone else's recording on virgin media screw up? i was watching the shield promo and then after 9 mins it randomly switches to the entrance of balor/bayley, how much of the recording is missed/screwed up? 

thanks 

That's just how the fast cuts are now on Raw.

• Paid Members

In case anyone hasn't seen already, it's been confirmed on WWE.com

"Liv Morgan has a concussion and is going through the proper protocol under WWE’s comprehensive wellness program."

Yes, it's a dangerous sport. Yes, accidents happen. Yes, something innocuous like taking a hiptoss can leave you paralyzed if something goes wrong. But this isn't a co-operative move gone wrong, it's one athlete aiming strikes at another, on her knees and defenseless by the nature of the spot and having to trust her opponent to kick her in the chest, not the head. Unfortunately her opponent is either reckless or useless depending on how kind you are.

10 hours ago, dopper said:

In addition to those pesky *sigh* neckbeards, pretty much every professional wrestler past or present who has commented about it on Twitter have defended her too.

But what do they know?

Professional wrestlers in "close ranks" shock.

• Paid Members

I can totally understand wrestlers closing ranks and protecting their own - we'd all do the same for one of our own, especially someone who is seems relatively well liked backstage. We'd do the same for our co-workers in a similar situation. People fuck up, it happens.

I think the biggest issue here and where the majority of fans are coming from is that it isn't just one fuck up, it's multiple fuck ups from the same person. It's multiple fuck ups across several weeks, and it's multiple fuckups in the same match to boot. Where do you draw the line? No one actively wants to see her fail, but for all the concern and defending people are doing for Brie, there's precious few who are wishing Liv well publicly in her recovery, just chalking it up as 'part of the business' and how it isn't ballet. She should absolutely be held accountable for it.