The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Drake Maverick looks stupid.

The Kevin Owens angle had so much potential a couple of weeks back, he's even more of "just another guy" now than he was before.

The Shield looked like complete chumps in that segment with Corbin.

When they get the proper stars back like HHH/HBK/Taker it shows it really shows everything else up on the show, looking forward to that match.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

I saw some of Raw tonight and I simply have to make comment about Graves referring to Foley as "the man who made Hell In A Cell famous." TOTAL drivel, people will be talking about the first one until the end of time.

On 9/12/2018 at 1:11 AM, bigfoote said:

I still have trouble seeing Drake Maverick as the same little Brummie runt who stood nose to chest with me at the Havant Leisure Centre for an FWA Academy show (I think he was part of a team facing the Ghosh Brothers) many years ago...and now he's the mastermind behind AoP. Not done too bad for himself.

If we're playing the "surreal" game re: that lad, he's a chap I had a pint, cig and pack of scratchings with after a show in a West Midlands pub. Show I only went to after work because "Claire's cousin Dave" was wrestling. That being then Moralez, now Mastiff. As if hearing a Black Country accent in the TakeOver open wasn't surreal enough.

It's a waste, but it also continues the theme of these foreign supercards being booked like a video game. 

That Undertaker promo was so boring I legitimately nearly fell asleep until he mentioned Michaels and Kane. He's been quietly treading 1999 levels of bad on the mic since doing his Johnny Cash thing about seven years ago. Pseudo cryptic stinkers. They even tried to make them rhyme, this week. It's like they're using one of those something something generators you find on Google to script his lines. They're always totally inconsequential, too. 

At least there was a camp value to him mumbling Latin and doing sacrifices. 

Just watched some clips this morning. Is Lio Rush the most exciting thing to happen to Lashley? I really enjoyed that segment. And good to see that triple threat match announced for Crown Jewel. I can't wait to see how they're going to make Roman win without it being a clean finish. 

• Awards Moderator
55 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I can't believe Shawn Michaels is going to return for a shitty tag match involving Kane. What a waste.

That’s not how it reads on WWE.com . Official Raw report says because Michaels will be in Triple H’s corner, Kane will be in Undertaker’s? Doesn’t sound like a tag match to me.

Just now, HarmonicGenerator said:

That’s not how it reads on WWE.com . Official Raw report says because Michaels will be in Triple H’s corner, Kane will be in Undertaker’s? Doesn’t sound like a tag match to me.

He might mean it’ll probably be happening at the Saudi show

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I can't believe Shawn Michaels is going to return for a shitty tag match involving Kane. What a waste.

25 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Hang on, what? Are you fucking kidding me?

Confusing this cornermen announcement with the rumoured tag match. But the rumoured tag match leads to rumoured Shawn v Taker so it's fine to ease the old goat back in.

Really not loving a fucking Hell In A Cell for the title being used as a setup for a triple threat match on their next cash cow working holiday. Fucking WCW shit, that.

The promo made clear they would be just at ringside. It's still a bit mad that they've horsed a bit of money at Michaels for such an underwhelming role. 

Although as air_raid's post that swooped in before me above makes mention of, it is indeed fine to ease the old goat back in.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It reads like the perfect set up for DX vs. Brothers of Destruction at Crown Jewel, where Shawn’s return has been rumoured to be happening for the past few weeks. I know that Saudi money is probably too much to say no to, but if Shawn is coming back I always expected, you know, something good.

Even if it leads to something better, that being the return match feels like when Rock came back for that rubbish tag match with Miz and R-Truth.

I never thought I’d say this, but Lio Rush was the highlight of Raw by miles and miles. Bobby Lashley has hit the jackpot being paired with him.

Edited by Supremo