The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

The gulf of talent between Brie and Nikki grew massively, I can't say for sure when it first became noticeable. Nikki isn't bad, she improved a lot over time as she really seemed to knuckle down and work on all areas of her work. Brie on the other hand, spouse of perhaps the best natural technician in the company, has always been the shits and has barely progressed. Just goes to show the different attitudes between them.

• Paid Members

They've always been useless, but it seems like when Nikki hooked up with Cena she changed her style to be more of a power moves wrestler and it worked for her and when Brie hooked up with Bryan she started to become more of a technical wrestler...which hasn't quite worked...

Edited by LaGoosh

So Brie’s been back for just other a month now? 

- Botched a failed suicide dive

- Almost died on a "successful" suicide dive

- Nearly ruined the finish of the Hell in a Cell mixed tag match

- Hurt Zelina Vega at ringside

- Just legit knocked out Liv Morgan and gave Ruby Riott a stiff elbow minutes later

Why are they still booking her?  AND ON BOTH BRANDS TOO!?

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

The gulf of talent between Brie and Nikki grew massively, I can't say for sure when it first became noticeable. Nikki isn't bad, she improved a lot over time as she really seemed to knuckle down and work on all areas of her work. Brie on the other hand, spouse of perhaps the best natural technician in the company, has always been the shits and has barely progressed. Just goes to show the different attitudes between them.

I said this, like, no time ago about the difference (admittedly there isnt much gym can help with not booting someone in the face)

It's no coincidence the physique helps, and I point to the Bellas as an example, how Nikki did a lot of strength work in the gym and advanced to "passable" whereas Bri is still weedy and never got beyond "shite."

It's not just strength for the sake of lifting or doing power moves ; if you're stronger you're more in control of your opponent during offensive moves and your stuff is safer and looks better. I know people get a hard on for wrestlers not having to look like wrestlers any more as long as they are "a good worker" and if it's just mass for appearance that's true, but there's a reason the stereotype of wrestler is "strong" - the good ones usually are.

https://ukff.com/topic/138249-the-mae-young-classic/?do=findComment&comment=3188408

Funny.

Edited by air_raid

2 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Wonder if Ruby is going to end up in the shit for booting Brie?

I would hope not. 'Receipts' are as old as time in wrestling and if Brie potato'ed her Ruby owed her a receipt and if it was just one shot then it should be dismissed as 'Hey, it was a receipt'.

Had the match on in the background so didn't see the shot occur and thought Morgan got injured on the suplex. Watching it back - yeah... not good.

• Paid Members

Good post, and strength is certainly a contributing factor for sure. But I'd say it's more than that as well in terms of the gulf as Nikki eclipsed Brie in pretty much every area. Being able to work a match, play to the crowd at the right moment and react/sell in every aspect, even the way she carries herself. It's like night and day when you loot at them both.

That Connors cure segment, Strowman is stood 5 feet from Reigns, whom he had a hell in a cell match with and a heated verbal exchange about 15 minutes prior. JUST FUCKING DON'T. Get all the Babyfaces out there, and only the babyfaces. In fact don't put that shit segment on the actual show, just donate your money and don't make a production out of it. Honest to god.

I put myself in the shoes of the kids in that audience, or watching at home, if I'd seen Hogan and Bundy have a cage match then stand side by side hugging kids as an 8 year old I'd think the world has ended. Just have some bastard quality control over this stuff, it's like it's all one big wink and nod, "the audience knows everything now so why even try".

Agreed. They can do all the segments they want  - that's another argument - but there's not even any need to do it in the way they done it. It's not Raw is Owen, for fuck sake. 

Elias was great again this week, as he always is.  He's not flashy in the ring, but he's precise and makes everything look good, he's careful with his opponent, and tells a good story.  

I wonder what the overall plan for Elias is?  He has everything they want from a main eventer - look, charisma, talks well, solid worker.  He's just kind of existing at the moment just beneath the main event.  Perhaps he'll be next year's project?

I can only echo the Brie Bella stuff.  Amazed people are trying to blame Liv for "slumping" - she's just been knocked out! I do hope Ruby doesn't become the fall girl here - the Bellas are like WWE royalty, wouldn't put it past them to fire Riott.

I actually think the whole Connors Cure thing is crunchingly awkward and fake, and makes the WWE look worse, not better.  Get rid of it altogether.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Get all the Babyfaces out there, and only the babyfaces. In fact don't put that shit segment on the actual show, just donate your money and don't make a production out of it. Honest to god.

5 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Agreed. They can do all the segments they want  - that's another argument - but there's not even any need to do it in the way they done it. It's not Raw is Owen, for fuck sake. 

3 hours ago, Loki said:

I actually think the whole Connors Cure thing is crunchingly awkward and fake, and makes the WWE look worse, not better.  Get rid of it altogether.

Time and place, isn't it? Hogan was fantastic for charity, yes they publicized it, but he'd have never dreamed of plastering a charity logo all over his ring gear. It kind of takes you out of your escapism when the badass "Big Dog" enters "Satan's structure" Hell In A Cell for a war with "The monster among men" with a logo plastered at top back that reminds you he's lovely and cares about sick kids. And it doesn't raise awareness OR funds in that instance, it's just a cynical in your face reminder that they're no strangers to charity, do a lot of work for charity mate, don't like to talk about it.