NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I reckon they might have something special with Almas. He's almost Guerreroesque in the little I've seen of him. Needs to lose the stupid fucking get up though and a cool nickname that they can eventually turn in to his ring name wouldn't go amiss.

Ā 

Authors of Pain looked shit. Boring big generic guys in last seasons Shield clobber. Hopefully they're fast learners.

They need to just shut the fuck up. Goofy looking bunch of pricks. I detest all that soppy, repetitive, sheep-esque, pussy-arsed cheerleader chanting. Watch the match & shut yer fucking holes. ADHD spastics.

Ā 

Great point, I can't remember the last time a crowed just sounded like a rabble shouting and cheering in their own little worlds. For me it makes me cringe being part of the indie type thing that led to this years ago. I'd love to just hear a big noise like you do at a boxing match again

Solid but unspectacular show.

Ā 

Enjoying the build of Blake Murphy's split. The two need to do their own thing for a bit, expand their characters before rejoining stronger for another run at the belts. Blake's been building up his "Beautiful" persona in singles, and I could see him as a big bear version of boy toy HBK. Murphy needs to go full-on dubstep cowboy, although with his acknowledgement of fellow Aussies TM61, I'd be happy for Miller and his duck feet to get the boot in favour of a Thorne/Murphy team up.

Ā 

Nakamura continues to be the balls. He seems to have electricity coursing through his veins, barely under control. His selling of the big challenge as if he was having to force it out coz it was SOOO huge was brilliant.

Ā 

Love the Authors. Hate the name. Love the attitude. Hate the scared eyes, but that'll go over time. Love Ellering as the calm presence unleashing these rhinos. Can't wait to see them in proper gear.

Ā 

Alma's is saddled with a shit name and shit attire. He should've brought some of his mad La Sombra entrance gear along, and some binary tights to match his old mask rather than the Highspots sale tights he's got on. I think someone in WWE has a thing for guys with names that started with A and white fedoras. Tye is great, but it's muting the reactions at the mo coz the crowd really want to cheer him.

Ā 

Fast forwarded Carmella. Tessa Blanchard already shows more quiet confidence than she does. Shame Double A and Big Barry didn't bang out a couple of daughters for a proper 2nd Gen 4 Horsewomen.

The crowd singing along to Nakamuras theme is THE CRINGIEST THING OF ALL TIME. Stop It. Stop It Now. FUCKING STOP IT.

Ā 

They could realistically kill this brand dead if they contribute to making it unwatchable.

I've been saying that for months.

Ā 

People in NXT crowds all over the world have a great time doing a lot of stuff which they first saw done at Full Sail, and those live atmosphere's are fantastic.

Ā 

It's only a small handful of people on here (and Twitter) who hate that crowd. But because the same people start moaning online every single week it can seem like it's a more popular opinion than it really is.

Ā 

I'd love to see 4 or 5 of the UKFFers who do complain every week at a live event, sat arms folded shaking their head in disgust while thousands of other people all around them are singing along to Nakamura's entrance music.

Pretty much everyone at the house show in Plymouth last night was singing along to his music too. It was great fun and it really did add loads to the atmosphere. I don't really see the issue with it.

Footage from Nakamura's entrance last night

Ā 

Absolutely great atmosphere. I'd rather they sang along to the theme and have a blast instead of sitting on their hands, not reacting at all.

Ā 

Shouting "One Fall" after the ring announcer needs to stop immediately though.

• Paid Members

I actually like the singing along to the music, adds to the atmosphere. Doesn't come across as smarky getting-themselves-over to me.

Same for me, there's a lot worse things the Full Sail crowd do. They did it with Becky Lynches theme as well as Adam Roses and I'm not sure it was mentioned as a bad thing there.