NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I hate the execution but the concept is intriguing - can a promotion viably run with YouTube income? So many YouTubers seem to be so well off. I don't know if that's how this will work but if it is, it could lay a foundation for someone better to do it better.

• Paid Members

I enjoy some of their videos but the thought of a WCPW promotion makes me want to gag.

Ā 

Ahhhhh...it all makes sense. I've seen a load of comments mention 'WCPW' lately somewhere, can't remember where, possibly Twitter or YouTube. Wondered what the fuck they were going on about and what WCPW was. Didn't dawn on me they were talking about this What's Culture venture.

• Paid Members

Ā 

Those What Culture lists on youtube are the worst. Saw one the other day entitled 'When the wrong guy went over' . Unsurprisingly, John Cena was on the thumbnail.

Ā 

Trash.

Ā 

It's essentially shitty clickbait in video form with bad comedy. Are folk honestly that much into who these people are that it would justify them being featured performers on a wrestling show rather than people with experience who'd do a better job? Screams vanity project to me. Shame as the talent on the show looks strong.

Ā 

As someone who was there in person, who wasnā€™t really au fait with What Culture and their ā€œpersonalitiesā€, they didnā€™t take up too much of the show and I had a jolly good time.

There's no way that Nakamura/Balor match is happening at Full Sail in three (TV) weeks. Unless your named TNA you don't throw a massive match like that away on the regular TV show.

Ā 

Oney Lorcan is the lad that used to go by Biff Busick isn't it? I quite like him

Ā 

"KIN-SHA-SAAAA!" FUCK-RIGHT-OFF!

Edited by WyattSheepMask

What a performance by Aries!!! I thought I knew the double cross was coming but the way they delayed it I actually started thinking maybe it was straight up. I'm sat thinking he's going to do him over in the ring, then outside the ring, then on the ramp, but waiting until the last available opportunity was gold.

Ā 

I really like the Tye Dillinger character, the subtle change in demeanor, not playing up to the 10 chants quite as much, as though he is conflicted and showing signs of frustration. Great stuff. Really good show for character development.

• Awards Moderator

Yeah, the Dillinger pause during the 10 punches was interesting, I guess he's going to go full blown heel, in a sense of 'I let myself get wrapped up in you lot shouting 10 all the time, I'm a 10 without any of you' sort of thing, only better.

Ā 

Liked the Aries/Jose segment too. Loved the main event, Nakamura is wonderful but Murphy did a great job too. I don't want him as a singles wrestler, I don't see much value in him or Blake without the other (or either of them without Alexa) but he played his part in that match really well.

Ā 

If they're going for Nakamura-Joe at Takeover in Brooklyn I'm quite happy for Nakamura-Balor to happen on TV. It'll be on the same night as the Cruiserweight Classic starts so maybe it's a way to ensure maximum number of eyes on the Network.

if they have Nakamura V Balor on TV then at least it'll (presumably) mean it's "normal" Finn who loses, so Demon Finn has only been beaten once, protecting the Demon a bit for when he moves up. I would've preferred the steel cage match to have ended in Joe escaping the cage so they could still have the demon as never been pinned, butĀ it doesn't really matter.

There's no way that Nakamura/Balor match is happening at Full Sail in three (TV) weeks. Unless your named TNA you don't throw a massive match like that away on the regular TV show.

Ā 

NXT doesn't really work within that model as the network is the only place to see it no matter if it is on a Takeover or weekly TV. they probably look at it as having marquee matches on the weekly show are a way of keeping people subscribed.