NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Is there a sponsored jump the sharkathon on here that I missed? It's been in nearly every thread this week, and is getting butchered to fuck

I only just learned off here that the phrase came from Happy Days and now I'm wondering if the definition of it in my head is correct

saying for example New Day jumped the shark when they began repeating "they make sure you ain't booty" every week would be a correct usage of it right? I can't even think how a fan can jump the shark though, haha. 

I only just learned off here that the phrase came from Happy Days and now I'm wondering if the definition of it in my head is correct

saying for example New Day jumped the shark when they began repeating "they make sure you ain't booty" every week would be a correct usage of it right?

No. Fonz wasn't jumping sharks every week.

saying for example New Day jumped the shark when they began repeating "they make sure you ain't booty" every week would be a correct usage of it right? I can't even think how a fan can jump the shark though, haha. 

via wiki:

"Jumping the shark" is an idiom popularized by Jon Heinthat was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality, signaled by a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of gimmick in an attempt to keep viewers' interest, which is taken as a sign of desperation, and is seen by viewers to be the point at which the show strayed irretrievably from its original formula. The phrase is based on a scene from a fifth-season episode of the sitcom Happy Days when the character Fonzie jumps over a shark while on water-skis.
Edited by Mr.E

It was a good match, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would do, and even then I can't explain why.

Maybe with not being live on a Takeover show and being on the TV show with two ad breaks inserted took me out of it a little bit. If they'd just let it play out rather than cut to two ads, it might have pulled me in a little more