NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Really liked the show this week, just so easy to sit through, the hour flies by, logical easy to follow stuff.

NXT don't make too many errors but boy did they mess up putting Andrade in with Tye Dillinger on a live Takeover Special at full sail where Tye is mega over for his debut, It's left Andrade swimming upstream straight away, hopefully he can turn things around as I think he is brilliant in the ring, it was a bit flat for him this week again. 

Lovely little tag match between Hype Bros. and Gargano/Ciampa and a couple of decent sit down interviews. Enjoyable.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

What the fuck is with that annoying sound effect they've added to the theme song?

I caught up with the last 2 shows last night and noticed that on the 2nd episode. I started looking around thinking it was something else in my room, or my laptop

Really liked the show this week, just so easy to sit through, the hour flies by, logical easy to follow stuff.

NXT don't make too many errors but boy did they mess up putting Andrade in with Tye Dillinger on a live Takeover Special at full sail where Tye is mega over for his debut, It's left Andrade swimming upstream straight away, hopefully he can turn things around as I think he is brilliant in the ring, it was a bit flat for him this week again. 

Lovely little tag match between Hype Bros. and Gargano/Ciampa and a couple of decent sit down interviews. Enjoyable.

Exactly what I came in to post. I quite like Andrade (apart from the name, but even that isn't as bad as it was originally), his offense is way more impressive than I thought it would be, but they've proper knackered him with the crowd thanks to the Tye matches. The "Who is really a heel in NXT?" issue is the bigger problem, because what you need is a proper shitbag for him to feud with to get the fans onside but the Drifter isn't going to cut it and Austin Aries would only give them the same problem.

I like the Hype Bros enough as a team, but the more I think about it, you could have Mojo turn on Ryder and go all in as a bully heel. He'd be easy for the NXT crowd to dislike, he's nowt special in the ring, the motivation for his turn would be simple, and the internet generally thinks he's a cunt anyway. 

Problem with Mojo is that I suspect being "hype" is all he is capable of and would struggle with any other role.

Could be wrong of course.

EDIT.

Notice they dropped the whole mic routine from Carmella's enterence this week. She desperately needs a change of gimmick.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Another really solid show this week. The womens match was a decent effort and I'm loving Alexa Bliss more and more each week. The tag main event was so much better than I was expecting as usually I can't stand the Hype Bros (well, mostly Mojo) but even they were good this week. I'm also enjoying Gargano and Ciampa's slow steady rise. Typically guys are brought in as either jobbers or superstars from the off so its refreshing to see two guys who were brought in as "enhancement talent" slowly get more and more wins under their belt after what seemed like endless losses to the point that they are now in contention for a possible tag title shot.

Also Jason Jordans belly to back suplex on that chunky lad was fucking sick.

I've never noticed it before, but Balor suffers from 'Michael Owen "You know..." Syndrome. In two and a half minutes, he said "you know" 28 times

Agreed with what's been said about Andrade Almas and said it myself just after Takeover. Sticking him against Dillenger was a bit of a error, not that the matches were poor or anything, but when Dillenger gets the reaction he does despite supposedly being the heel it was always going to be a case of Almas struggling to get the reaction that was intended for him. The crowd are already seemingly getting sick of that pose he does in the ropes already, so hopefully that gets dropped sharpish.

That Austin Aries interview- either he was stood on a box or that interviewer is a foot tall

I can see The Hype Bros being brought up in the draft to make up the numbers

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I've never noticed it before, but Balor suffers from 'Michael Owen "You know..." Syndrome.

Becks was the worst for that. Before his elocution lessons he was insufferable.