NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Random thought here but I feel this Paul Ellering thing could be a big smokescreen and the Authors of Pain...will soon align with HEEL ROMAN REIGNS. big, Samoan, Shield-esque gear

that would be incredibly sick tbh. Roman Reigns and the Authors of Pain would make a great band name too. I would not rule out these 2 making an appearance in the Battleground main event

Better than Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band.......hmmm, wonder how well Roman could sing?

Should be an interesting few weeks ahead.

I don't know the timeline as to how much they have already taped, but since last week's episode 1 of the top 2 tag teams & 3 of the top 5 women's wrestlers have all been drafted.

It looks like The Revival are going to have their hands full with Gargano & Ciampa.

But with Jax, Bliss, & Carmella gone, it will be interesting to see who will be getting pushes in the women's division beneath Asuka vs Bayley.

Peyton Royce, Liv Morgan, & Billie Kay have had a fair amount of TV time but presented as jobbers. Aliyah recently debuted in a similar role, and Nikki Storm could be in line to get started I suppose.

Imo Bayley is almost certainly getting called up full time after she is finished with Asuka. Probably to Smackdown.

The next six months will probably be Asuka steam rolling over everyone until someone is up to a good enough standard or until someone new is signed.

Fair enjoyed this weeks show, who thought Jose had that promo in him, great fire there, his mean face is outstanding to be fair. I never thought I would but I'm seriously looking forward to Jose vs Aries if it happens at Takeover.

Really good showcase of Ibushi and a good promo from Joe to get the ball rolling for Takeover. Solid stuff.

Wesley Blake walking down the ramp looking like he'd shat himself was hilarious. Seriously, what the fuck was that. Bit of a nothing match, but Shinsuke got his shit in and that's all the crowd is bothered about, and pretty much just served as a reason for Regal to come out to make the Nakamura v Joe title match at Takeover.

Billie Kay with some new gear and music looked amazing while Santana Garrett with Emma's alternate theme coming out in rainbow gear (I'm assuming these taping happened around the time of the Orlando nightclub shooting). Nothing particularly memorable but not offensive either.

Bayley's promos still need a lot of work if she is going upto the main roster after Takeover, but the thing I took from her segment with Regal was how different Regal looks from when he wrestling. As I'm working my way through 1997 on the network and seeing Regal in WCW, he looks so different. Obviously, I get that he was 20 years younger, but compare them to now and he looks like two completely different people.

An interesting vignette that doesn't give anything away about who it might be for.

Jury is still out on TM61. Some nice double team offence, but you knew there was no way they were losing to those two jabronis.

Don't know how many more times they can show Austin Aries' dad dancing with No Way Jose. NWJ winning against Steve Cutler, who I've never seen before. Shouldn't Jose's big closed fist be a DQ? The rules man!

Jose's first proper promo (I think) was ok.

Kota Ibushi got a great pop when his music hit in what must have been a genuine suprise on the night.

Ibushi hit a great looking kick which Murphy sold brilliantly into a German Suplex which should have been the finish, but he still needed to get his Sitout Powerbomb in. Great match from these two, but I don't think they'll do too much with Ibushi until the CWC is finished with

Really enjoyed the Joe and Regal segment. Is Regal in any condition to work some sort of match, because if you have Joe drop the title at Takeover and then have a smoke & mirrors match against Regal (Assuming he can after his neck surgery last year) at the next one would be great stuff

• Paid Members

Only name of value I can think that hasn't been on TV yet but is with the company is Ember Moon, who's the former Athena in Shimmer. She wrestler the dark match at the last takeover so in one sense could be, in another would they hype up a women's wrestler to make a debut?

No Way Jose showing some character development with a meaner side to his character. Nice.

Am liking Billie Kay's new look. A few new women under contract are also looking set to debut in a few weeks too so the NXT Womens Division should be fine going forward. 

Surreal seeing Hideo Itami, Kota Ibushi and Shinsuke Nakamura on the same WWE branded show.
I think WWE has something in Buddy Murphy. Give him time.

Intrigued to see who the vignettes are for. As has been said, could be the former Athena, Ember Moon.

He makes his TV debut next week, along with I think Itami returning next week also.

Cheers, I saw the vignette for Itami but nothing about BR.

They showed a "next week Bobby Roode debuts" graphic near the end of the show.