NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

He makes his TV debut next week, along with I think Itami returning next week also.

Cheers, I saw the vignette for Itami but nothing about BR.

Ā 

Ā 

They showed a "next week Bobby Roode debuts" graphic near the end of the show.

Ā 

Thanks Dart. Look forward to Bobby's debut. He doesn't half seem wasted on NXT when Smackdown could use him big time.

Does anybody think they'll revisit Hideo's attacker as a comeback story, or is that dead in the water (a bit like Hideo himself unless he turns heel, probably).

Ā 

Back when it happened, a babyface Joe or Balor seemed a great shout but those ships have sailed, and Owens being there was surely always a red herring anyway.

Ā 

Joe could still be a shout (knocking off a top guy right as he came in, statement of intent, etc) but i just don't think a Joe/Itami feud has legs now, Joe's way way way too far above it and fresh of a feud with Nakamura, the obvious comparisons will just be laughable.

• Paid Members

Shinsuke squash was fun. Not sure about Blake stil. Both him and TM61 strike me as guys who are decent enough but I just can't imagine a scenario where they'd amount to anything on the main roster.

Billie Kay looked decent I thought. Had some decent heelish mannerisms and good confidence about her. Was a bit of a disjointed match though. Felt like instead of taking turns they should have just had Billie jump Santana from the off, beat her up and talk shit for a while, then let Santana get her couple of spots in and then the finish. The heel/face divide was clear but I think with the time they had they should have just hammered it home and kept the crowd alive.

Agree on Bayley's promos needing work. I think she's fantastic and I think the awkwardness is somewhat in keeping with her character, but she sounds horribly scripted in segments like these.

Mystery vignette was cool. I love a mystery vignette. I love a non-mystery vignette too to be fair. They're great.

TM61 vs Jobbers was OK. Again, I think TM61 are obviously very capable in the ring but they seem a bit dime-a-dozen indy wrassler tag team to me. I loved that one of the jobbers was Donovan from Streets of Rage 2. Always wondered what he's been up to since the 90s. His partner had red hair too, if he'd gone denim on denim and been Galsia I'd have lost my shit. They'd be perfect jobber personas as well, getting beaten up is all those guys do.

Fire promo from No Way JosƩ. Like what they're doing with him.

Ibushi/Murphy was tremendous. Ibushi typically impressive but I thought Murphy put in a fine showing as well. Absolutely agreed that the head kick into the German should have been the finish and that there is potential in Murphy.

Joe is great. Love everything he does. Thought he looked a bit silly trying to duck the match when Nakamura has done nothing but win since he arrived. In Joe's logic who is he supposed to have beaten to earn the shot? I mean obviously he's a heel and he's being a bit of a diva but I'd have been fine with his previous line of ''I'm the champion, I decide who I face and when'' without the ludicrously unconvincing ''he doesn't deserve it'' angle. Minor nitpick though, the match is going to be insane and I can't wait. Ā 

Good stuff all round. Quite a packed hour and a lot of steps forward taken. Raw > NXT > Smackdown for me this week.

• Paid Members

Just watching NXT and here's something about TM61 that just seems so rehearsed. I heard there was quite a buzz about them before they signed for WWE, I just don't see it.

Ā 

No Way Jose has been a surprise hit. It's great that they have shown this mean streak and fire which a lot of the 'party' gimmicks don't get.

Ā 

Shinsuke is my favourite thing in Wrestling right now. The guy can do no wrong.

I don't know whether TM61 need new ring gear or something but there does seem to be something needed.

The problem for me is that in a tag team setting Shane Thorne just looks streets ahead of Nick Miller.

I've seen a couple of singles matches by both though and they're both pretty tidy.

• Paid Members

Joe is great. Love everything he does. Thought he looked a bit silly trying to duck the match when Nakamura has done nothing but win since he arrived. In Joe's logic who is he supposed to have beaten to earn the shot? I mean obviously he's a heel and he's being a bit of a diva but I'd have been fine with his previous line of ''I'm the champion, I decide who I face and when'' without the ludicrously unconvincing ''he doesn't deserve it'' angle. Minor nitpick though, the match is going to be insane and I can't wait.

Ā 

One small thing I found myself agreeing with Joe on is him being made by William Regal to defend against Nakamura whether he wants to or not, only 20 minutes after Bayley went to Regalā€™s office, asked if she could have a womenā€™s title rematch, and Regal saying, ā€œOK, Iā€™ll go find Asuka and see what she says.ā€

Ā 

So Asuka gets to pick her challengers whilst Joe doesnā€™tā€¦?

• Paid Members

Yeah, that Regal line sounded odd beforehand, but put in the context of the later angle it was even more bizarre.

Ā 

Regal's the GM, if he thinks Bayley is the #1 contender why the fuck should he think he has to check with Asuka?

Ā 

TM61 are dreadful, IMO. See nothing in Miller & little more in Thorn.

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members

I thought Jose's promo was the most noteworthy thing to happen on this week's show. I had no idea he had that in him, so he's gone way up in my estimation.

Ā 

I wish they would sign Santana Garrett to a contract, I'm a bit besotted with her.

Santana Garrett's arse needs its' own vignette. The wrong woman went over haha!

Ā 

TM61 suck in my opinion. Nothing in 3-4 matches so far. Then again No Way Jose managed to turn it around completely in that time so who knows. Aries is probably the best thing that could have happened to him.

Ā 

Black Justin Credible in the tag match!

Ā 

I hope Kota is gonna become a mainstay. I use to watch him regularly in '09 and he was fantastic then. I want a triple threat with Itami and Nakamura on a throwaway episode.....

Ā 

I guess Joe and Shinsuke was inevitable at Takeover so the announcement fell a bit flat. Should be Joe's best match to date though.

• Paid Members

Everything on the show has felt a bit flat in recent months. Nakamura is fantastic, but he's just had these exhibition style squashes and a friendly match with Balor so far. Hopefully Joe gets some real heat on him in the weeks before the next Takeover.

Samoa Joe could be developing into one of my top promo guys anywhere. Everything he says he's knocking out the park and delivering with great conviction