NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

How has no-one mentioned Bobby Roode's music yet? It's GLORIOUS!

Ā 

He was great, wasn't he? He always is. I think they've missed a trick with him though. I liked the promo. I was thinking the music and the promo was a bit heelish and then he really went for it and it made sense. But while he was abusing the daft cunts in attendance, they were clapping him! He should have dissed NXT. Said while it was good an' all, he was a superstar and he didn't plan on staying in that shithole a minute longer than required. Essentially RVD's Mr Monday Night gimmick. He's brilliant enough to pull that off and it would be gold.

Ā 

Pleased to see Itami back. He looked good, great offense and good fire. Really looked like he meant it. Crowd didn't seem that into him during the match still. That needs work.

Ā 

Joe was awesome. Rest was fair to shite.

Mahal is so terrible. I can't emphasise that enough. I cannot think of any other wrestler I'm more bored by. And Hawkins? Did he do ANYTHING after being an Edgehead? I swear he spent his whole career on WWE Superstars. Ridiculous that they're bringing no-names like those two when you consider the depth of talent on the NXT roster. When Austin Aries and Hideo Itami are virtual afterthoughts on the roster, considering it's a one hour show and most wrestlers are on every three weeks or so. It's madness.

Ā 

The main roster will benefit from veterans like Shelton and Rhyno though. Considering the rumours about those two were true, I'm now hoping strongly MVP and John Morrison are following suit.

• Paid Members

Mahal & Hawkins are, one would assume, being brought back to make up numbers and lie down a lot, probably on the cheap, with no intention whatsoever that they even MIGHT main event Wrestlemania one day.

Ā 

Whilst there are indeed guys in NXT who could fill those type of roles on the main roster, you don't want to pigeonhole people as (frankly) losers too soon.

Ā 

You certainly don't want the likes of Aries & Itami doing jobs on Main Event every week, and even the Buddy Murphys & No Way Joses of the world (by which I mean guys who weren't Indy royalty before being signed) need a shot at being something more first.

Ā 

FWIW, I'm a bit of a Hawkins mark. He had some stormers with Trent Baretta on Superstars.

It took me a while to remember that Jinder Mahal was in the first ever NXT title match. The shitty 3 Man Band was the first thing that sprang to mind. Or that he was Muhammed Hassan (i know he wasn't).

Edited by Philjax