NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Loved the contract signing. NXT are good at making those non-shit aren't they? That's the best Bayley has looked outside of a match and Asuka is just brilliant

Takeover shaping up nicely, Roode v Cien should be an interesting match. I can see it getting the complete reverse treatment in terms of face/heel dynamic though. Cien's got a fair amount to prove beating fan darling Dillinger twice and being outshone every week by CWC guys, like that Raul Mendoza lad who tore the house down with Kendrick. He appeared quite arrogant in his first couple matches, with the rope pose and stuff and his moveset needs a lot of work to be more than Athletic Dude, if he doesn't speak English either that's a bit of a worry

What else to say about that ending? R.I.P. Samoa Joe's nose. Shinsuke is just the absolute bollocks, this match is going to be flipping amazing. 

Only could Nakamura slap a restrained (and genuinely fighting it) heel and be even more of a babyface for it. A spectacular closing segment. I'm almost worried there's no way the two of them can meet the lofty standards I've set in my head for them. But as is becoming the case with Takeover shows, it's absolutely the two proper top guys fighting for the belt, just as it always should be.

Buzzing as well over the Bayley/Asuka segment, which would have stolen the show any other week. A palpable tension between them was missing up until a couple of weeks back, but they've got zero to a hundred with it and it's worked a treat.

The rest of the takeover card is quite reflective of the roster adjustments NXT has had to undergo, but all three matches and the folks in them will be trying to steal the show from underneath the whopper main events, so it only promises a better show for us as a result.

A million out of ten for the weekly show, as per. Even the Authors of Pain who are usually terrible, looked better, and that powerbomb collision spot was tremendous! They need to ramp up the intensity in the spot and have commentators say how much pain one guy's back is in thanks to the impact with his own partner's. The collision immediately into to stereo hard powerbombs would be a perfect finish for the squashes and a great false finish once they're in something more competitive.

Edited by NEWM

Reckon Revival are off to Smackdown, the roster bloody needs em. Ciampa & Gargano will transition the belts onto the Hard Bastards of Pain, and I'd expect to see a Ciampa & Gargano break-up and feud which could be really hot. I'd like to see Ciampa bought on to Raw after the dust has settled on the cruisers division, bring him in heel mode as the reckless, hard-striking cruiserweight killer.

• Paid Members

Enjoyable episode.

That jobber Tucker Knight is a big kid isn't he? I like the big lads and think that a handful of them would be useful in NXT.

You have Joe, Authors (who I'm actually excited about and don't mind admitting it) and Rhino.

1 or 2 more would be fine in my book, just to mix it up a bit. In fact, I wouldn't be oppose to Rhino taking Knight under his wing, give him a gimmick and then team them up. That's assuming Knight can work well enough.

I love that NXT has some of the best performers in the business and it has a number of folks in training. I get a buzz out of watching a new face and thinking "hmm, they could be interesting".

• Paid Members

Tucker Knight isn't Mideon's son as far as I can tell. A little Googling of him reveals that he is currently working NXT live events with another big dude called Niko Bogojevic under the tag team name 'Heavy Machinery', which I think sounds brilliant.