NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Is TakeOver tonight then? What time does it start?

1am, and here is the final card:

NXT Title Match

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe Ā©

Ā 

NXT Women's Title Match

Bayley vs. Asuka Ā©

Ā 

NXT Tag Team Title Match

Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa vs. The Revival Ā©

Ā 

Bobby Roode vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas

Ā 

Austin Aries vs. No Way Jose

Ā 

Ember Moon vs. Billie Kay

Ā 

n absolutely stacked card, fuck knows what the running order is going to, but it should an absolute belter from start to finish

Again NXT delivers. Great tag match, the glorious entrance and match of Mr Roode, Bayley in baby blue (the tradition continues?) in perhaps the women's match of the year.

Ā 

That violin, without the crowd would have had more impact, but hey, it's an NXT crowd. Superb match from them both, great chemistry, and a cracking finish that elevates both men, if that's possible.

• Awards Moderator

Really good show.

Ā 

Aries vs Jose was good, benefitted from an unclear winner - it could have gone either way lots of times. Aries is a good choice for Itami to get back in the top level game. Oh, and he finally hit the GTS!

Ā 

Ember Moon's match was a fine introduction to her, she's surely the one to dethrone and finally beat Asuka?

Ā 

Bobby Roodeā€¦ the only word for that entrance is GLORIOUS. That's a main eventer right there. And to think they've got Dolph bloody Ziggler twatting about in the WWE Title match at Summerslam. That robe! The platform! I don't think much to the pumphandle drop finisher, but all the same... GLORIOUS! They're stuck in a tricky spot with Cien, though, they need to either stop putting him against heels who are more over than he is, or turn him temporarily to counteract that.

Ā 

Tag match was great, I loved how it started off feeling very old-school and then just naturally evolved to that crazy dramatic finishing sequence. Was expecting the AOP to pop up afterwards but I'm glad they didn't.

Ā 

I love Bayley. I was actually getting a bit emotional for her at the end. I did the same in the video package on this week's episode. I don't know what's wrong with me. Best babyface around today, anyway, genuinely sad for her not getting the title back. That was probably my favourite match of the show, I think, but they were all pretty good, no real standout like last year.

Ā 

The moment Nakamura appeared during his entranceā€¦ I lost it. What a fucking SUPERSTAR that man is. If it hadn't been really early on a Sunday morning I'd have been cheering out loud for him. "Big fight feel" was, for once, totally accurate for this one, and while I didn't get into the match itself as much as I thought I would, I'm happy with the result. I'm wondering first of all who Shinsuke's next opponent could be, and whether Joe's turning up on Raw or SmackDown next week.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator