NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I think he's got a great chance of catching on as desired, he'll be so unlike anything we've ever had and will provide something truly different. if wooden Balor can catch on, Shinsuke definitely can

Naka's one-line promos are exactly what we need. Straight to the point, quotable and charismatic as fuck. It's the same for matches, to be honest - if you need 15 minutes plus to get over, you're not doing it right. Naka's over by the time he's in his corner.

What'll stop him getting over long-term on the main roster is the fact they have to fill more airtime, and the fact I don't think the main roster writers will know what to do with a character like him. They have their mold, which is fifteen minute move tennis matches and bullet-pointed promos. Shinsuke's cool, calm and casual wind-up merchant is way out of their comfort zone.

Edited by CavemanLynn

We haven't seen if wooden Balor can catch on yet. He had his debut PPV on Sunday.

The business model has changed to embrace the hardcore fan more than ever. They'll pay $9.99 so long as there's a sufficiently updated library and wrestlers they like as the focus. AJ/Balor/Rollins vs. Nakamura could be enough to keep it ticking over for a while. But I'm not convinced long term it will match a lot of fan's expectations, and I'm not convinced your casual fan will buy into him as much.

I saw the promo against Joe but I'm still not convinced.

Edited by Sphinx

I liked the little wwe.com interviews, The Revival goading the main roster teams was a nice touch and I hope one of them pops down for a little fued. I'm not keen on them humanising Ember Moon so much, was hoping for a little more oomph to the character they were displaying in her initial video package.

AoP are green as fuck but I love them, they come across as monsters unlike former LoD rip-offs The Ascension. TM61 are bland as fuck, funny how they were meant to be some big deal but Gargano and Ciampa came out of nowhere and are brilliant.

Edited by Merzbow

Put me down as another AoP fan. Those masks they had on looked great, their theme screams "scary bastards" and I'm marking hard for that double powerbomb. I mentioned this before the Shield triple threat last month, but imagine these two stood either side of heel Roman Reigns? Drooool.

Put me down as another AoP fan. Those masks they had on looked great, their theme screams "scary bastards" and I'm marking hard for that double powerbomb. I mentioned this before the Shield triple threat last month, but imagine these two stood either side of heel Roman Reigns? Drooool.

WWE posted a picture of them either side of Samoa Joe a few weeks ago, looked the part

Quite enjoyed TM61 this week. Certainly the most since they've started on NXT anyway. I still don't really 'get' them but it was a very watchable match anyway, and AOP definitely played their part too.

I love seeing Dillinger. He's not the best wrestler but his entrance is awesome, his gimmick works well, and the audience love him. I'll take that over a dead crowd any day.

I may be the first/only person to say this, but I want Elias Sampson back. Him coming out singing shitey alt-country songs to uber heat had me pissing. Imagine him doing a song about Nakamura

I may be the first/only person to say this, but I want Elias Sampson back. Him coming out singing shitey alt-country songs to uber heat had me pissing. Imagine him doing a song about Nakamura

I really like him. You often hear stories about crowds behing unable to hear certain wrestlers talk because they're getting so much heat, and I've always thought it's an exaggeration, but I genuinely couldn't hear a word he said at NXT in Dallas. Absolutely nuclear heat.

• Paid Members

Glad the AoP have finally got some names, not only was it making commentary very clunky (I think their debut match, against a couple of unidentified jobbers, must have been the first in WWE history with four unnamed competitors) but there's also something odd about the concept of having wrestlers signed to appear in matches, and knowing how much they weigh, without the company knowing what they're called for months.

Agreed that it was TM61's best outing so far, by some margin the least shit Nick Miller has looked. I'd still sack him off and use Thorn with the cruiserweights, mind.